Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

Get ready

to give up some rights. A good politician will never miss an opportunity to capitalize on a tragedy and take away some rights. All that said, my heart bleeds for the victims families.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin

• Like 2

First let me say this whole things just makes me physically sick to my stomach. I'll keep praying for these poor people. We might not lose guns out right, but high cap mags, AR, AKs are definetly on the chopping block. Problem is, we all know guns arent the only issue if the issue at all. Keeping places "Gun free zones" with no serious armed security to keep the creeps out as well just makes them easier for mass murder. Thus why they choose schools and shopping malls, etc. I'm to the point of not going into establishments that have No weapons signs on them. If they wont provide protection, I dont believe they should have the right to tell me I dont have the right to protect me and my family. Nobody can or will answer the question of "If the law abiding citizens turn over there arms, what about the criminal element that still has them and always will?"

So you couldn't even wait for the parents to bury their dead babies before whipping out the tinfoil hat conspiracy post? It was that important?

Hey look, obama and that what's his name congressman from illinios couldn't wait for the parents to bury the dead before bringing up more gun ban junk. so, if the prez can do it, so can I.

• Like 4

lol.... they blame it on the gun again. Might as well ban spoons, cars, etc....Maybe the news shouldn't but these people (killers) on the fromt page for the next month. The killer will be a household name soon. It's pretty simple but we have LIBERALS in office so... blame the gun again that way no one is ....offended.

So you couldn't even wait for the parents to bury their dead babies before whipping out the tinfoil hat conspiracy post? It was that important?

Hey look, obama and that what's his name congressman from illinios couldn't wait for the parents to bury the dead before bringing up more gun ban junk. so, if the prez can do it, so can I.

Hey Irish Rob - Go back to Ireland ....LOL

I am also just sickened by this, and what really crawls under my skin is the thought that if just one teacher had a CC permit on the grounds this might have ended much differently. IMO all teachers ought to have a CC and carry on the school grounds. Then maybe nut jobs out there wouldn’t target innocent children. If you watched the “VOICE” this week all of the performers and the coaches that were on the show together sang a song for those children while holding a card with a child’s name on it that is now deceased from this tragedy. For me, it hit home, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN! My heart and prayers to the family’s of all involved.

GBA

• Like 1

tough time all around.

an interview with Jeff at AJ Imports in the junction:

Gun owners aren't just afraid of losing their right to buy certain guns. Jeff Serdy, owner of AJI Sporting Goods in Apache Junction, Ariz., said his buyers were buying ammunition.

"I am selling a ton of ammunition," Serdy said. "My people figure it is easier for the president to ban ammunition sales than to get a gun bill through Congress."

Other countries have tried limiting the sale of ammunition as an easier alternative to banning guns. Mexico for example, bans any "military cartridge." In the U.S., the AR-15 and M-16 ammunition use the same bullet, the .223 and NATO 5.56 mm round.

Serdy said he was out of the cheaper $700 to $800 versions of the AR-15 but still had some priced at $1100 and up.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/gun-sales-surge-after-connecticut-massacre/?intcmp=trending#ixzz2FRTh4gzE