Sign in to follow this  
Umpqua

I'm new to the forum

Hi......I recently found this site and have been reading the forum posts the last few weeks. I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I'm from SW Oregon and have been applying in Arizona since the mid 1980's. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and contributing where I can to the forum threads.

Although I have more recent pictures, I though the one below was especially appropriate since many of you guys are from Arizona. It's a few years old, but it is a picture of my son's 2008 Arizona desert sheep. He was 14 years old when he drew, and due to a family crisis, we only had four days for the hunt. In the picture going left to right is our guide Matt Liljenquist, my son, and myself. My son wrote an article about his hunt and it was published in the Huntin Fool magazine (May 2009).

S6300106_zps17092c82.jpg

Big mistake signing up on this site.......it will get you in trouble for not doing your chores at home, surfing while at work and cause you anxiety from all the fun hunts other people get to go on and the animals they see.............welcome to the site...........

• Like 3

Thanks everyone! One correction, my son's article was in the MAY 2009 issue of HF.

Big mistake signing up on this site.......it will get you in trouble for not doing your chores at home, surfing while at work and cause you anxiety from all the fun hunts other people get to go on and the animals they see.............welcome to the site...........

BIG +1 on that. I should be working right now. :D

BIGGER congrats and welcome to the site!

• Like 1

What a great introduction is right. How proud you must have been of your son to take such an awesome trophy at 14yrs of age. Congratulations to your son and welcome to the best darn huntin site on the web. Dont be a stranger and post some pics and stories of some of your hunts. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Welcome! Great ram for your son! Is he looking to get the slam for ram also? Congrats on your slam! I did a double take as your guide looks like you and your son!

• Like 1