Sign in to follow this  
ShutYourLib

B of A shenanigans

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-america-freezes-gun-manufacturers-account-company-owner-claims

Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.(emphasis added)

Sirochman also wrote that he told the bank manager that they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs and that [American Spirit is a] firearms manufacturer with all the proper licensing.

He also noted that he has been doing business with Bank of America for over 10 years, but will now be looking for a new bank.

According to Unlawful News, this isn't the first time Bank of America has targeted a customer involved in the firearms industry.

McMillan Group International was reportedly told that its business was no longer welcome after the company started manufacturing firearms even after 12 years of doing business with the bank.

Every Saturday whem I get paid, we go to Bank of America to cash our checks because they are drawn on an out of town B of A.(long story) The branch manager was always hammering me on where I bank? and why I don't open an account there. I told her it was none of her dang business where I bank, and I wouldn't open an account at B of A if she paid me. She won't even look at me when I go in there. :P

I used to bank with B of A until we decided to pay all our credit cards off and they instantly dropped our credit limits to $1000. And we have excellent credit. I had banked with them for over 20 years before that.

I banked with them until they lost a paycheck I deposited through the ATM (never posted) and claimed it was my fault and I never deposited it. Hmmm...how'd I get that receipt then?

They accidentally gave me $400 dollars once. Maybe it was their idea of redistribution of wealth? I don't like it when my bank screws up but I'll take it when it's in my favor.

They accidentally gave me $400 dollars once. Maybe it was their idea of redistribution of wealth? I don't like it when my bank screws up but I'll take it when it's in my favor.

Bigorange, there is where your paycheck went!!!

• Like 2

I am planning to switch my account. Who does the NRA bank with?

The Anti-Gun control folks are pushing a full offensive and hoping we are all sleeping. The right to bear arms is the right to bear arms, period, and not all these strings they are attaching.

We need to make sure our kids are well educated on the danger of firearms, and keep them in safes locked up away from our kids.

I know alot of people probably do not want to put their names in writing on something like this, thinking that if they come collecting our firearms they will come to us first. I can understand that feeling, and I can say that dealers are already required to keep all our background check forms for 20 years and must surrender it to the ATF upon request so basically...just like with Facebook, privacy is long gone already. If they want our firearms they wil go to the dealers and troublemakers first. I'm sure at least 99.99999% (5 9's) of us on here are law abiding...

We want America to be the same America it was 20-30 years ago and an even better America than it is or was. So speak out and make our voice and opinion known - let them know they are not gonna take our rights nor our arms.

Contact your congressmen now...don't delay, here is a link:

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

Feinstein wants to pass a rifle ban that will not allow you to transfer your AR-15 to children upon your death. Talk about disarmament

Cuomo wants to confiscate them...

None of us stands by the idiot that did what he did in Newtown and all of us want to come up with ways to prevent...but let's get to the source, and a rifle ban sure is not the source of the problem especially with millions of Americans owning them...we are not guilty of that awful crime and we shouldn't be held accountable for it. However as responsible gun owners we should help come up with solutions to prevent

At it again. We closed our checking and savings and paid off and closed my wifes credit card from b of a when they pulled this crap in April. I asked the lady if she had a lot of people closing accounts and leaving because of their liberal anti second amendment ways and she played the dumb card "what do you mean? I haven't even heard of this until now" bull crap. I then told everyone I know, most of which are no longer b of a customers.