couesbuck22

My first coues deer

This is my second deer my first deer was also a whitetail, a missourri whitetail ,which i harvested sitting in a treestand on my grandfathers ranch. totally different types of hunting. On my coues hunt we glassed our first spot but the wind was howling before the sun came up so we decided to move down the ridge about 200 yards to glass the bottom of the canyon that formed a little bowl that blocked the wind and right away Chad found this buck at around 900 yards and although my brother in law,Donnie, had the gun to make this shot we decided to wait til he bedded then try to get closer so i kept an eye on him while they kept glassing the rest of the country and he bedded so we made our move and we cut the distance in half to around 450 yards and got to the shooting spot a little before nine and decided to wait him out til he got up. then we waited. and he got up 5 hours later and i was laying there eating some smarties and donnie says get in the gun he's up! i just kinda chuckled thinking he was joking then he says it agian and i could tell by the look on his face he was serious so i got in the gun and couldnt make out the deer very clearly so i cranked the scope up and was able to see him clearly. donnie was telling me just take your time and tell me when your going to BOOM i squeezed it off and luckily he was in his glass and watched the buck drop in his tracks and before i could jack another shell in all i could hear was him and chad dude you smoked him!! great shot bud! so i got up and we hugged and high faved time and time agian then rushed and threw everything in my pack i couldnt wait to get my hands on him so we dropped off into the bottom and left our packs and the rifle there then made the hike up and took a couple quick pictures to send to friends and family then we guttted him and then we took him back down to the bottom and got some better pictures. Definately a hunt i will always remember and one that will be tough to beat. have to give huge thanks to my brother in law donnie and couldnt a done it without these two guys.

post-10168-0-02032400-1357617626_thumb.jpgpost-10168-0-02645000-1357617631_thumb.jpg

WOW good job man your brother in law sounds like on heck of a man. Probably a handsome son of a gun too..... Just saying. You should but him a new ranger or something.

What a great first Buck!!! Congrats Bro!!!!

Way to go, that is a great coues, especially the first one!