Sign in to follow this  
CWpredator

Archery bobcat

Yesterday was a very slow day deer hunting for me and my partner. We started the morning off with only finding 3 deer by 11:00am. No bucks anywhere so we packed up our gear and hiked back to the truck. We ended up driving about an hour away to a spot where I had been seeing good bucks the prior week. We end up getting there and hike to my glassing spot. We set up and glass for 2 hours without seeing any deer. I was starting to get pretty discouraged. About 430 rolls around and I finally glass up 1 solo doe. Then about 10 minutes later I glass up a nice big bobcat walking a ridge about 700 yards away. I decide to go after the bobcat since we are not seeing any deer movement at all. I close the gap to about 200 yards then relocate the cat. So I keep moving in. I end up getting to 46 yards from it and it spots me. So I stop and have a staring contest with it for about 5 minutes. I wait until it looks the other way and draw my bow. I let the arrow fly. Perfect double lung shot and the bobcat runs and crashes about 25 yards away. This is my first bobcat with a bow and to do it spot and stalk to say the least I was extremely excited.

• Like 2

Excellent...One day, it'll happen I just don't know when yet! :D Congrats!

Congratulations Travis on your cat. Taking off after that cat at that distance had all the odds stacked against you but you pulled it off. My hats off to ya young man. I have yet to take a bobcat with any weapon. Thanks for sharing and the picture is awesome.

TJ

Great cat! really cool that you could pull it off with bow! Great stocking ability to get that close to such an alert creature!

Congratulations on a challenging task! Don't think I would of even considered attempting a stalk that far out. Way to go.