Red Rabbit

Elkman's NM Coues Hunt

Josh asked that his story be posted:

This is the buck I shot in New Mexico this year in December. It was a tough hunt. Lots of glassing an lots of buck looked over. I finally ended up with a shot at this guy at 732 yards on the second to last day. I made two good shots on him and he was mine. It was a heck of a hike in and out to get him, but well worth it. He grossed 106 7/8.

Thanks for reading,

Josh Weeks

ElkmanJoshWeeksNM_zpsa189d38b.jpg

JoshWeeks1067NMrifle_zps07199e86.jpg

great buck Josh! I saw the pics a while back and wondered if you were going to get it posted. Congrats on another great buck and heck of a shot.

Thanks for the replies. I have had a good season this year. 120 archery and 106 rifle. Man i love these little buggers. Trip to mexico was un eventful. Maybe rut will pick up. Heading back in two weeks.

Thanks again. Unfortunately my field photos were lost with my camera. I left my pack at my ranger while i made my second trip out of that hellish canyon and someone stole it thank god my optics were in the side compartment of ranger. Gotta love people's morals.

Very Nice Rack....Congrats on harvesting your deer!!

Very nice buck and great shot too. Can't wait to hear about your Mexico hunt. Good luck to you on that!