nick

will the pigs be out tomorrow?

I've decided to hit up 18b tomorrow and Wikiup is supposed to have a high of 45° with 10-15mph winds. I know the stink pigs don't like the wind nor the cold, but will those wind speeds and temps be too much for them to get out and move around? I don't want to waste the day if they are just gonna be tucked up the whole time.

Tucked up means they are still outside. Although I firmly believe that they go underground and play cards by the fire when I am out hunting them, they are still somewhere outside and the thicker and nastier the terrain, the more likely you will find them. Find less windy areas and work around them, trying to cut fresh sign. Also, they will most likely still feed in the sunny slopes.

You aren't going to shoot one from home most likely, so give it a shot!

Guest akaspecials

I've been in 33 all day today and haven't seen any piggies. There's lots of fresh sign but no movement. I'm debating whether to come out again tomorrow or not.

Sun light will mean even more tomorrow than ever. Just don't expect to much movement until 10 to 11 in the morning.Glass the top 3/4 quarter line on protected steep sunny slopes that have some bedding type trees on them.

Alright, you guys have convinced me to go tomorrow. I think I found a couple spots on google earth that have some good rock faces. Just as long as they are on the side the direction the wind is blowing.

I killed mine yesterday in winds like that just after 9 am. They were feeding on a south slope. Enough wind to make me not want a shot over 30 yards. 22 yard shot, 50 yard recover, 12-15lbs chorizo! I'm actually starting to favor a stiff breeze, doesn't swirl as much and gives some noise cover.

I was out today in 37A and didn't see any. I ran in to a ranger with Ironwood National Monument looking for border crossers and he said he had not seen any in a while either.

I have seen them out in a snow storm and rain storm. Dont think 10-15 wind will bother them to much IMO but I am no TJ ;)

Saw several herds out today in 23. I smell like pig too. They were in the open on the slopes.

post-8184-0-08693900-1357958400_thumb.jpg

Was in a spot in 37B that was full of pigs last year - no fresh sign today though.

i'd go to congress az and walk the ridges of the washes myself. lots of pigs north of congress just past the frog. been quail hunting up there three times and always seen pigs, last time right before X-Mas.