Sign in to follow this  
ShutYourLib

What's next G&F??

It's incredibly frustrating to see others so willing to give away anything, exercised or not. Usually when lost it is extremely hard to get anything back. I does not matter if it is “your way”, it matters that you lost the option. I don’t dog hunt or trap, but I will fight tooth and nail to protect my/your ability to do such.

This does not include the legislative momentum that folks attain by a small victory, a “foot hold” so to speak. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you gain supreme power over land and wildlife? Same method I guess. I hate the idea that “the powers that be” can and will impose what they wish and when with no formal responsibility or data.

Do not forget that the commission is not elected, but appointed, and for an agenda driven reason.

I am speechless at the 5-0 ruling. I am freaked out that the letters written and the speakers against it had no effect. Really... a 5-0 ruling???

I feel like an idiot, I have no idea if a suit could be brought forth against the AZGFD asking for data. The Fed Gov’t gets sued all the time for not keeping data/poor management decisions with the people’s assets.

I do not have an answer, I am extremely fearful that we have no impact on government and others that don’t exercise their freedoms are willing to help legislate us to oblivion. Taking no stand is the same as helping.

Dark Days folks,

Elpepe25

but they didnt take away your right to hunt deer tho. they just took the lazy way of doing it away

Banning the use of dogs for bear would not stop you from hunting bear.

• Like 1

You must be to dense to get the point. Whether or not its 'your thing' as a hunter, w all should support it because chances are, eventually, 'your thing' could be on the chopping block and I'd bet you would want the support of as many other Hunters as you could get.

How did you feel when the G&F decided to change the rule on using aircraft. I hate to admit it but it truly didn't break my heart when they changed the rule. I know this probably screwed some hunters and the way they chose to hunt but i for one don't miss the fact you can't use airplanes to locate game during the hunt.

What ever it is, stock up on vasaline, because there will be not any public input for the issue.

• Like 1

I would like to see MANDATORY reporting for ALL!

so that's prolly not gonna happen.

James

"What's next G&F?"

How about:

-- No bowhunting of a species in any year for which you hold a rifle tag for that species?

-- All bowhunting by permit only?

-- Season lengths for bowhunters limited to the same number of days as those allotted to rifle hunters?

-- A requirement to remove your blinds and tree stands after a certain period, say two or three days?

-- A ban on hunting within one-quarter mile of the only source of water for wildlife?

-- Closing of certain elk units to bowhunting to allow more rifle hunters to hunt elk during the rut?

Note: I am in no way advocating any of these things, only pointing out that a ban on baiting is not as awful as other changes could be.

Bill Quimby

Good comments Bill on what unfavorable changes could possibly be next. That's the way I took your response that we need to be more concerned about the current "baiting change" since it was poorly communicated and justified. So if we swallow this one without further dialog we should not be surprised to see further unfavorable changes for hunters and fishermen?

• Like 1

Alpinebullwinkle:

That's one way to view it. Another would be to urge you to count the blessings you now enjoy that bowhunters in many other states and rifle hunters here do not. I could argue either way but won't. I will say that the Game and Fish Department and its commissioners are not our enemies. Groups such as HSUS, PETA and others are.

I have no dog in this fight. I've been unable to pull a bow since a truck fell on my arm in 1993, and there are more fingers on my hands than years remaining that I can hunt. All I want before I hang up my guns is to draw one or two more early cow elk tags near my cabin.

Bill Quimby

• Like 3

where does it show that you cant set a salt site/bait?

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/37681-final-wording-for-the-bait-ban/

wrong...salt was not banned. You can continue to place salt

i figured he would read that you can still use salt... my bad I guess I should have stated you can instead of ASSuming he would read it

James