Sign in to follow this  
justin_birch

STOLEN BOW IN THE TUCSON MOUNTAINS

I was out hunting in the Gate's Pass area of the Tucson mountains last night and my bow was stolen. It's a Hoyt Carbon Element. If any of you know anything about this please contact Bull Basin Archery at (520) 747-3875 or (520) 664-5836. Please let me know if you have any info on this let me know as this is a giant setback in the season.

• Like 1

I am sad to hear that. I am always worried about something like that happening to me. I hope it turns up for you somehow. I hate thiefs.

How did they some one steal your bow? Either way it sucks that some people have to be such low life's to take something that someone spent their hard earned money on, I would call around to pawn shops and bow shops to see if some body has tried to come in and sell one, hope you get it back.

After losing 35 rifles and shotguns to burglars in September, I know exactly how you feel. If you have homeowner's insurance, you might call your agent and ask if it covers your loss.

Bill Quimby

Hello,wanted to clear up some info on this missing bow. The bow belongs to Josh not Justin Josh asked him to post a thread on here becouse he cant remember his password to log on. but after I called him and read it to him he asked me to come on here and clear some info up. The bow was lost just east of the top of gates pass at the small pull out on the north side. Josh was at his truck at dark putting his Pack away and getting ready to leave. He had his bow sitting next to the truck and somehow he drove off without it. He didn't realize it was missing into he got home and started to unload his gear. He drove back up there but the bow was not there. He said there was a white Chevy 2500 1999-2004 parked there when he let and feels that they may have picked it up As we all would have done the same. So by no means does be consider it stolen it was just picked up by someone. So if anyone nows anything or seen the truck please send a pm over and I can get you in touch with the owner. Sorry for the confusion on this!

• Like 1

That makes more sense. Embarrassingly enough I have done the same thing. Fortunately I got my bow back pretty quickly. Propped it up against my tire while taking off my pack...

Man bummer, I too did this ounce but went back for it and found it. In a rush after spotting some bucks I threw on my pack and took off after them when about 5 minutes later my partner asked me if I planned on throwing rocks at the deer? Hope someone see this and finds the owner.

Must happen a lot. I found a really nice Mathews bow in a parking area on the Fain road in 19a one night. I was the last one there, coming out after dark and noticed something white on the gound by the fence. The white vanes on the carbon arrows in the quiver caught my eye. I waited around for a while to see if the owner would come back but then went on to camp. I felt bad about the guy worrying about his bow all might. I went back there extra early the next morning and there was the guy that owned the bow. He looked pretty rough from worrying all night and wasn't dressed to hunt that day.

He took the bow with hardly a mumbled "thanks". That bow had a laser range finder on it and some other nice equipment, way better and more expensive than I had, but I felt good to get it back to the owner.

I bet whoever found this bow will be trying to find the owner also. Hope you get it back soon so you can keep chasing those big bucks!

I drive through Gates pass every day I will look for the truck.

Chris

I am out in the tucson mountains everyday and i will keep my eye out for you. I would also put up flyers at the hunter information pullouts that might help.