Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

my most recent catch

I have had a hard time this trapping season, with only 1 bobcat, 1 coyote, and 3 fox to my name. I have heard from other trappers that the bobcat are harder to trap this year. anyone seeing any bobcats lately?

little video of my most recent fox. I caught her boyfriend the night before in the same set. She went behind the trap to see if if there was another way in. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I bet they are harder to trap this year. With the huge uprise in trapping, the whole bobcat population is going to be wiped out!

I never was much on trapping... to each there own, and I have nothing against people who do.

my dad was into trapping in the late 70s early 80s... I never really liked it.

talked to this trapper a month or so ago and he'd done pretty well with a few cats and a bunch of fox. I asked him how he dispatched the animals and he said he just uses a dog catcher pole. he said he didn't want any blood in his traps cause the cats get all wary of it. I don't want to get graphic but I was like dang..... Thought to myself "maybe I'm getting soft as I get older " then I thought " no, no; that guy has some screws loose!"

James

That footage is cool! Nice work... I have never done any trapping and know nothing about it so, maybe this is kinda like asking your favorite spot or something but what do you use for bait?

That footage is cool! Nice work... I have never done any trapping and know nothing about it so, maybe this is kinda like asking your favorite spot or something but what do you use for bait?

I get all my lures and paste bait from fntpost.com

I wont say which is my favorite ;-)