Big Browns

Where can I find bulk .223 bullets?

Anyone know of a place that has bulk (1000+) .223 bullets in stock? I have a few hundred, but I really need to find some to stock up! I would really like to buy bul 55 grain v-max, but I know that's almost impossible right now!

Adam

I picked up 4 boxes of the 500 55gr Z-max yesterday on Midway USA. They're now out.

Hey Frank! I might... I've got 2 boxes listed on gun broker right now. I might be willing to let another go too. Let me think about it.

I just bought 3 pmag 30 rnd clips and I think I got gouged. they were 50 $/ea and a 223 reloading die for 55?

I just bought 3 pmag 30 rnd clips and I think I got gouged. they were 50 $/ea and a 223 reloading die for 55?

Ouch!! Nothing like paying 50 bucks for a 12-15 dollar magazine. Depending on the die you may or may not have paid a good price. Not sure what a premium set of 223 goes for.

I was worried about not being able to get them again. I imagine if the legislation passes we wont.

Right now is the wrong time to buy bulk .223 ammo, high-cap mags or stripped AR lowers. Prices have never been higher, right along with demand. The demand is based purely on speculation, and realistically speaking, the looming bans on all these items will fail. There is not even enough support in the Democratically controlled Senate to push these plans to the Republican-dominated House, where they would surely be shot down, if they ever made it that far.

Sit tight, wait for the current frenzy to subside, and retailers and wholesalers will be overstocked. We've seen this before, when Obama was first elected. This time it's a little different because he has pledged his "full weight" behind gun, magazine and ammo restrictions. But unless he does so by executive order, he has to get through both houses of congress, which is... well "highly unlikely" is an understatement.

I honestly believe within a year AR lowers will return to the $100 medial price range, high-cap magazines will return to the $12-$20 price range and bulk .223 ammo will be much closer to the $.33/round we're used to seeing. Today, it's a seller's market and $80 lowers are going for over $300. $13 PMags are selling for $70-$100, and bulk ammo is double to triple what we saw just a few months ago, if you can get it.

Every company that produces, procures or redistributes the items that are included in the pending legislation are working 24/7 to fill their warehouses. In the likely event that the current hype recedes, there will be a surplus of these items, and prices will return to what they were 3 months ago, maybe lower.

• Like 2

I enjoy the discussion. Thanks for the time and insight.

If things go badly...I will get back to you "firstcoueswas80"! I love the entrepreneurial attitude

Glad I got my Seekins Precision lower when I did last October. 235$ brand new. I've now seen them going for upwards of 550$... Absolutely insane to pay prices like that for stripped lower or any AR15 stuff right now... Soon everyone's going to have 5000$ AR15s that just 6 months ago would of went for under a grand..

• Like 1