Big Browns

Where can I find bulk .223 bullets?

Glad I got my Seekins Precision lower when I did last October. 235$ brand new. I've now seen them going for upwards of 550$... Absolutely insane to pay prices like that for stripped lower or any AR15 stuff right now... Soon everyone's going to have 5000$ AR15s that just 6 months ago would of went for under a grand..

Very nice! I want one of those seekins, they look saaweet!

Hope you are right Coach. Right now you just can't touch anything AR at reasonable prices.

Coach you hit the nail on the head in all aspects. The gun market now is just waiting for the bottom to drop out.

Ill be glad when 22LR is back to easy to find.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

I agree with coach fully. I just hope demand is down and prices are back to normal before next election season. If the Dems get control of the house we'll actually have something to worry about.

I hope you are right Coach. I just have a hard time being as optimistic. I have very little faith left in our federal government, and that includes both parties. Our leadership puts pride and power over right and wrong, so I don't trust any of them. Personally I'd rather pay a few bucks extra now for things that might be potentially banned than a ridiculous amount more on the black market after a potential ban.

I'm with Coach on this one... Reasonably thinking, I just don't see how any of this legislation gets passed. Maybe if it was pushed through in the week following Sandy Hook, they could have played on people's emotions and got something done. Now that's it's kind of settled, people are back to loving the 2nd amendment. I had family members who were so upset about that shooting, that they were even supporting gun control and banning AR15's and high capacity magazines. After everything settled (and I talked some sense into them) they realized they were just being emotional and that will accomplish nothing.

Even senators and congressmen on the democratic side oppose these proposed bans. I just don't see it going through. In the meantime, I'm cashing in buying and selling AR related items on gun broker. I can't bring myself to sell to friends or people in my local hunting community at ridiculous prices, but if people are willing to go crazy on an auction and buy pmags for $50 and 500 .224 bullets for $150, who am I to stop them?

Coach you hit the nail on the head in all aspects. The gun market now is just waiting for the bottom to drop out.

+1

I get stressed taking the kids out to shoot their 22 because I can't find ammo to replace what they shoot!! How stupid is that?

Thanks Hussain!!

• Like 1

+1

I get stressed taking the kids out to shoot their 22 because I can't find ammo to replace what they shoot!! How stupid is that?

Thanks Hussain!!

It should be a crime for young kids to not have access to 22 ammo!

• Like 2

That is the beauty of the free market. When demand peaks prices rise to a breaking point and then demand will lessen until the price falls into a more realistic value. An item is worth however much a person is willing to pay for it. Both supply and price gets out of whack when the gov't tries to "fix" things.

Too bad Gov't can't just get out of the way of our economy and let it roll.

Coach, I am not as optomistic as you. Obama has a way of "finding" votes. Congress has learned if they first resist the President, he will counter with a monetary incentive. That is true for both REP and DEM. He got Obamacare thru both sides of Congress with this tactic.

• Like 2

He got Obamacare thru both sides of Congress with this tactic.

Actually, Obamacare was passed when he had both a Democrat House and Senate. It wasn't until the 2010 midterm elections that Republicans took the house. 34 Democrats, and every republican voted against it and it still passed the house. Here's the link.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml

He got Obamacare thru both sides of Congress with this tactic.

Actually, Obamacare was passed when he had both a Democrat House and Senate. It wasn't until the 2010 midterm elections that Republicans took the house. 34 Democrats, and every republican voted against it and it still passed the house. Here's the link.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2010/roll165.xml

Yes but there were several dens that were against until the prez gave the millioins of reasons to change their mind. The reps from La and Neb are two that I remember. Also Dennis Kuchinch a dem was against then obabama had a private meeting that lasted an entire weekend.

I just bought 3 pmag 30 rnd clips and I think I got gouged. they were 50 $/ea and a 223 reloading die for 55?

I managed to finally save up enough and get an AR in November and had been looking around for ammo and accessories for it. Flash forward to 12/14 and I sitting in a motel in Mexico and the Sandyhook shooting comes on the news. By the time I'm back in the states all heck breaks loose and AR ammo and stuff is nowhere to be found.

I expect prices to stay high for quite a while and while they will eventually begin to drop I don't expect them to come down to pre Sandyhook levels. I definitely think you got gouged. What brand dies did you get? Are they small base or standard?

hey Adam give me a call I can get you 223