Sign in to follow this  
BowhunterAZ

Draw Odds Calculator

Question: Do the draw odds posted in the regs account for the bonus pass and 1st/2nd choice pass combined? Wondering what is the best pick with 3 bonus points. I prefer early archery but may consider other options...rifle, muzzy, late archery...

• Like 1

From what I have learned about the draw, you are likely to draw a late archery tag in 23n. Good Luck!

Yeah, and I believe 22N late archery runs in the mid-90%....hummm. Just can't imagine hunting elk with no bugles :blink:

Guest wdenike

Boy, Talk about confusing the chit out of me! I have 4 points, my daughter has 3points, my son inlaw has no points and is a nonresident. We put in for the general bull hunts 1) 10 2) 8 3) 6a 4) 9

5) 7w. Did I screw up that bad or do we have a prayer?? All on the same application.

Take care, Willie

Willie,

You did not screw up at all. You do not have enough points to get into the bonus point pass draw for any of those units so you will be in the general draw for all of them. If they pull your number they will check your first then second choice if both are full you go back into the draw. Realistically it is highly unlikely to draw any other choice then your first and second unless you are applying for cow hunts.

For your son I law it is imperative that he applies alone since non residents are only allotted 10% of the tags for a given hunt. I would also venture to say the only unit he has a chance to draw with no points is 6A because the other units you mentioned are likely to go to non residents in the pass draw. I hope this helps.

Brian

Guest wdenike

Brian,

Thank you for the response. By what you are saying. Even after contacting fish and game about putting him on our application. And the lady assuring me it would be fine to put him on the same application. She gave us the wrong information??

Take care, Willie

I think he is saying that if you guys draw a tag but all the non res tags are gone already then they will not give any of you tags

Alright guys last call . . . if you have nay special requests I will check tonight at 8:00 and try and crank out results by the end of the night.

Guest wdenike

Reality is I can deal with that cause we all wanted to hunt together. But the lady at game and fish led us to believe if the person that was 1st on the application was picked everyone below also was drawn. Oh well just have to hope for the best I guess!

Take care, Willie

Reality is I can deal with that cause we all wanted to hunt together. But the lady at game and fish led us to believe if the person that was 1st on the application was picked everyone below also was drawn. Oh well just have to hope for the best I guess!

Take care, Willie

Realistically that lady probably doesn't know anymore about the draw than the front desk girl at my office knows about building water treatment plants. I could be wrong but I am just guessing. Here is a link to the AZGFD explanation of the draw. It is complicated so read carefully a couple of times. If you learn the process you can really increase the number of tags you will have in your lifetime.

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/BigGameDrawingProcess.shtml

Guest wdenike

Flatlander,

After reading that. It seems I probably should have put 6a as a second choice to have had a better chance with a nonresident with no bonus points. Correct??

Take care, Willie

ok, one last one, 19a pronghorn 1st hunt. 10 points

Ok maybe two, my daughter said she tired of waiting to hunt elk, so 4 points, 22 oct cow and 22 youth cow.

Thanks, Mike

does anyone know about how long it takes for azgfd to cash our checks for the draw...i have a friend who doesnt get paid for a few weeks and was wondering if he should put in or not...will two weeks be alright in your opinion?i may havta loan him some money if not because he has 18 bonus points and he should have a great chance for a tag...thanks for any info you can give me...i always do money orders so i dont know how the check progress is in comparison.

does anyone know about how long it takes for azgfd to cash our checks for the draw...i have a friend who doesnt get paid for a few weeks and was wondering if he should put in or not...will two weeks be alright in your opinion?i may havta loan him some money if not because he has 18 bonus points and he should have a great chance for a tag...thanks for any info you can give me...i always do money orders so i dont know how the check progress is in comparison.

Just have your friend put in online. They won't take his money unless he gets drawn. And that won't be for at least another month-month and a half. They will take $7.50 for the application fee now though.