Sign in to follow this  
couesntime

It happened to me!

Well it all started like most, with extreme cold temperatures at the beginning of month. I sat and sat and sat a little more, for a total of 90 hours until it happened. I passed a few bucks during the month trying to hold out for a good one. My goal was 90in.

I have been sneeking out of work when time allows and hitting the weekends hard. I left work yesterday at 1100 and was in my tree by noon. When I was just about to my stand, I noticed a doe walking around. She took off and I climbed up. I was not in my tree 10 minutes when a spike walked right under me. He left and things got quiet for about an hour. I look up and see a deer coming on the same line that spike left on. I didn't get my bow ready, thinking it was the spike again. about 2 seconds later I noticed it was a good 3ptr that I would have been real happy with. So here he comes more or less right at me. I draw my bow, but cant get my right elbow around the tree. So there I am holding back for what seems like an eternity. I start shaking and when my bow jerks the buck walks back where he came from. Bummer, so Im replaying all this in my head trying to figure out what I could have done better. I look up not 10 minutes later and here comes that same buck, the spike and the big boy! The big boy was in the lead and not worried about a thing. I drew well in advance of him coming through the lane. He did his part like he knew the script and I dropped the hammer down and watched my arrow hit the mark! The other 2 bucks initially spooked but then continued to mill around for a while until I started talking on my phone, spreading the news that just could not wait anymore!

I could not be happier with the outcome to my 2013 archery season. I look forward to having Clay do the shoulder mount and see what magic numbers he comes up with! For all of you that are curious... I roughed scored him lastnight at 107. The main beams are both 18in and the mass is crazy good all the way through! Thanks for reading, and good luck last day hunters and soon to be tag holders!

post-5307-0-45889600-1359645654_thumb.jpg

post-5307-0-17279900-1359645712_thumb.jpg

post-5307-0-11976900-1359645868_thumb.jpg

post-5307-0-30610200-1359646006_thumb.jpg

post-5307-0-21080500-1359646039_thumb.jpg

Awesome buck and congrats!! Glad to see the pressure is off..haha

Way to go Rob! What a great looking buck! Long beams and great mass. Cool that you have pics of him too. Clay did a perfect job on mine...can't go wrong.

Brad

Congratulations on a great buck! Awesome to have the tc pictures of that brute as well.

Awesome buck man!! Tree stands are kinda nice sometimes. Especially after you have about 10 failed stalks. I think the 90 hours is why I don't use trail cams. I might end up living in a tree......hahahahahaha