Sign in to follow this  
200shootr

reloader17 and a .308

I know its really late to work up a load for my general Javelina hunt in 3 weeks. I procrastinated getting powder until I had purchased all my equipment to reload; well now I have everything, and I managed to get some reloader17(which is all I could find). Does anyone have any load data for 165gr Nosler Accubonds as I'm not sure where to start.

I'm afraid that getting a speer 165gr btsp or any others listed on the load data are impossible right now as powder is scarce as well.. just trying to find someone who has loaded these bullets with rl17. ;/

Where are you located? How much RL17 do you have? I have a pound of varget I could part with if you want to trade.

I have some 200 gn sierra gamekings that i will sell you along with an r17 recipe. It is a deadly combo even at long range. Never used the 165 though with my .308. I stick tothe heavy bullets. Think i have around 75 out of the 100 still left if you want them. Or just use factory ammo for your hunt....

I have one pound of rl17 and I live in east mesa.. cottonwoods a 2 hour drive, I think I'll pass. I would love to trade if you were local

:)

I would've met ya half way. This is one of the few weekends I'm not in north Phoenix. Will be next weekend.

Responded to PM.

Just because the load data mentions a certain bullet doesnt mean you have to use that bullet. as long as the weights are the same or nearly the same i.e. 165 or 168 you should be fine. Start low and work up.