Sign in to follow this  
Hanksaiditbest

LOOKING to buy a truck (Toyota)

I am looking to buy a well taken care of used truck. More specifically I am looking for a 1993-2003 Toyota tacoma or Toyota pickup 4x4. Open to other makes if the truck fits my needs, but would prefer a Toyota. If you have anything available or know someone who does, please let me know. Serious cash buyer willing to drive for the right truck.

Thanks!

they are great and hard to find used. I'm leaving Friday morning to go to Palm Springs,CA to buy the one I found. 2002 double cab prerunner. I'm excited. I know this doesn't really help you...but good luck in your search and if I see anything I will let you know.

I've owned 2 Toyotas in that range of years. Good luck with your search, your gonna need it. I Have looked high and low for the ones I have. I will tell you some of my secrets. Check the certified used trucks and cars at every toyota dealer in the west. The will be loaded with nice trucks, Most of em are POS Prerunners. What a waste of time. Also look on craigslist in every major city you are willing to travel to. NM and TX have some good vehicles.

If your like me, you dont care for the newer ugly tacomas. I wouldnt own one of them gawd awful things...LOL

Good luck bro..

Ron

I looked for an 01-05 4wd for a year, finally bought an 06 for a good price about 2 years ago. yes it's one of the "newer ugly tacomas" but I'll lead or follow the older ones anywhere. It also has the 4.0 meaning no t-belt, less maintenance.

Good trucks for sure! I have 00 ext cab that I been thinking about selling because the family is getting big quick, but need a huntin truck so I keep telling myself no. Just turned 200,000 miles and going strong.

What is this truck worth anyways? Pretty straight, no damage

I have an 08 Access Cab Tacoma, with the 6 speed manual. I also have a broke down 4cyl Toyota pickup. I had a 95 Tacoma with the 5 speed and I will never go back to the smaller V6. I don't think there is anything ugly about them either. Ugly is the new Dodges that are so low you get high centered on a speed bump.

I work at Hatch Toyota here in Show Low, right now we have an 05 double cab, lifted, automatic. Out of your year range but if you would like to look check out our website. Call the internet director (928) 242-9007 if you see anything there you like. We also have some other makes but I completely agree with your choice to go Toyota. There a 2002 (I believe) Tacoma, but it is a pre-runner here.

Not trying to sell you anything or sound like a salesperson. I also know for a fact that Courtesy Auto in Cottonwood ALWAYS has TONS of Tacomas on their lot.

Hope you find a nice little Tacoma man, they are the best out there and they last forever. Only had mine for a few months and the only thing I will trade it in on is if a Double Cab TRD 6 Speed manual comes on the lot lol. Which is likely to not happen since they are unicorns. Ya hear of em, but ya never see em.

Courtesy in the wood here sure does have a bunch, but they sure seem proud of them to me.

Oh they are for sure. But I can say this for sure. Before I got my truck I was looking everywhere for the perfect one. I stopped by Steve Coury there outside of Camp Verde, and I was straight forward and told them I worked for Hatch. I've never been treated so poorly for no reason other then working for someone that sells more vehicles with only one dealership. Salesman was rude and wouldn't even talk to me, and when he did, he kept telling me that a 2WD Nissan will go anywhere a 4WD Tacoma will... I got back in my car and left. Stopped by courtesy afterwards and they were some cool guys. Now if I show up during the day and Cody is still at work, I go stop by and we talk Toyotas and we share pictures of cool vehicles weve had come and go.

Even though I am not in sales directly, I have an emmense amount of pride for the dealership I work for. I go out of my way to personally make sure the lot looks good, stickers are in and not hanging and all crooked, rows are straight.

We have a lot of dealerships here in Show Low. And the ONLY one I even considered wanting to try and work for was the Toyota one. Even if I ever move and want to stay in the Internet Department of a dealership, it will be a Toyota one. I don't think I could ever work for a dealership that sells new vehicles I couldn't stand by and support. I may not like the way the 2014 Tundras look, have to wait till I see one roll off the truck, but they are tough, they last, they hold their value, and IMO, for gas engines there is no other trucks. The only diesel worth owning is Dodge lol.

Thanks for the input everyone. I own a newer tacoma and love it... these older ones expecially 4x4 are hard to find. Still looking if anyone comes across anything.. Appreciate it guys

Good trucks for sure! I have 00 ext cab that I been thinking about selling because the family is getting big quick, but need a huntin truck so I keep telling myself no. Just turned 200,000 miles and going strong.

What is this truck worth anyways? Pretty straight, no damage

Vowell, I may be a little biased but I'd say its worth about $3,000... but the good news is I'll give you $6,000. LOL I have seen 00's with similar mileage go for anywhere between $5,500 and $8,000 varying with condition and upgrades. If you are serious about selling... let me know because I am serious about buying.

We just bought my son a newer Tacoma and will be selling his. It is a 94 regular cab, ac, 5spd, 4x4, allow wheels, 89k miles. This truck goes anywhere. His grandpa bought it brand new the day he was born and gave it to him when he got his drivers permit. Looks good, runs great. Only reason for the upgrade is my wife wanting him in a vehicle with airbags as he heads off to college. All maintanance records from day one. We have not set a price yet, but are open to offers.

Pine donkey u have all of our dream hunting rigs!!!! Let us know on price . 4 or v6

Before we set a price we need to decide what we are doing with the tires and wheels. The 94 has 16 inch aloy wheels from an 08. We put a set of 265-75 r16 Yokohama geolanders on it less than 5k ago. The new truck has 17 inch allow wheels with street tread Big O tires on it. They have maybe 10k miles left on them. We are considering swapping out the wheels.