Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Unit 23 bear

Figures!!

:(

Does anyone think they will still be in the pears / junipers when the season re-opens on October 6th? There are not many pears where I have been seeing bears, but the ones that are there are still green/light red. They should be juicy ripe in another few weeks. Have not seen many juniper berries at all, but some of the scrub oaks do have have acorns.

Bears can be killed in the junipers during October. Especially if the berries are good and the acorns are weak. I don't know about your area, but if you got bears that are eating junipers and the junipers are good stay after them. I hunted near Four Peaks last weekend and the scrub oaks were already dropping acorns and the pear fruit was not in yet that high, I saw no good junipers with berries and also no bears.

Bret M.

I decided to run back out there Tuesday night and hunt in the morning. My bear was back in the same area again, only this time he proceded to tear up my trail camera. I got some pics, but they were either over exposed or blurry before he ripped it off of the tree. I must have just missed him in the morning, because I could see where he had walked throught the wet grass. Looks like I will be back in there in October. David