Sign in to follow this  
Rifle2Bow

Opening day for General- post your stories/ pics/ unit# here

Mklong and greenmachine filled both their tags yesterday. They are out now with mklongs wife trying to fill hers. They will post their story.........

My best buddy Colin, opening day 36b. Glassed about 4 up, went over there to pull a double, only this one was still there. Perfect shot with the .270 I bought him for his birthday a few years ago dropped him in hits tracks at 35 yards. The hike up was not so fun.

2013-02-22_13-58-47_886_zps765b9a3d.jpg

2013-02-22_14-34-21_759_zpsd98ec994.jpg

Great job. I'm eager to start. I go Monday evening down to tucson and try out my new Vortex viper HDs I just picked up. My hunt starts tues am unless the hunting gods bestow upon me a javee I cannot resist Monday at dusk. I cannot stop thinking about it.

I had unit 22 pig, and had no luck. Anyone hunt unit 22 out there that got a pig?

I got mine during the HAM. Followed a few herds around. I actully saw more this year then the past few years.

We went 4 of 4 in 18b this weekend. Hunted all day sat and killed two at the end of the day. Went back this morning glassed up a herd in the first five minutes and killed them an hour later. Great hunt, never hunted the area before and liked it alot, Take Care JLG.

I had unit 22 pig, and had no luck. Anyone hunt unit 22 out there that got a pig?

I got mine during the HAM. Followed a few herds around. I actully saw more this year then the past few years.

azspike, congrats on getting a pig during the ham hunt. We hunted 2 days in 22, and only heard one shot. It was our first year in the unit, so we were learning the unit as we hunted. Anyone else hunt unit 22?

I hunted 22 for my HAM tag. Hunted 2 days the second weekend. Saw two pigs the first day and couldn't close. No pigs on the second day. 22, seems to kick my butt during HAM season. I hunt it because I keep a trailer in Payson and it makes it easy. I may change it up next year and hunt 18B for HAM and follow it up with a rifle tag again.

I have spots in 22, but there pretty much all in spots. If you make a commitment to it your there for the day. I guess it is really a matter of putting in more scouting time, Take Care JLG.