Sign in to follow this  
Rifle2Bow

Opening day for General- post your stories/ pics/ unit# here

Congrats to everyone on filling their tags! I unfortunately had me some tag soup! I was in 37B from Thursday-Sunday only seen one pig all weekend. I couldn't close in on the pig I spotted with about 30 min left of daylight on Friday. 37B was a new unit for me, still had a great time with family and friends out there!

Hunted 32 for one day and didnt see a single live pig but we did see 3 dead ones on the river rd. We were trying to get a pig for a first time youth hunter and it didnt work out. They hunted for 2 1/2 days and didnt see anything. If they would have left earlier friday morning they might of had a chance, the rancher told them they missed a herd by 10 min and that someone else went after them and got one of them.

Tag soup for us in 36C. Didn't see any pigs but got some good scouting in for deer season. At least we ate GOOD with the dutch ovens.

Got this guy at 5pm on Monday afternoon. Saw him on Saturday afternoon but didn't get a shot because he never stopped moving. This is the only pig we saw in four days of hunting.

20130225_171627_zps82226d0c.jpg

I slapped a different upper and optic on my AR (I normally don't hunt with a rifle equipped for combat), knowing I'd probably be making a helluva shot on a running pig. Jumped him out of a bedding area at twenty yards. Took one shot and he crumbled.

Same here in 34a, lots of deer and a couple yotes but no pigs and glassed what felt like all day. Going out again at 4am to set up a ground blind in one of the washes. Hopefully different approach pays off.