Hey all, I've been trying to get all my pics and video together from this past season but the time to do so has been scarce! I did finally slap a short video together of my dad's hunt and will post it here.

We had a great season in 2012 and so far 2013 has been a success as well! We had several safe and successful hunts in Mexico and killed some great bucks. I'll get more pics and video up as soon as I can!

My favorite hunt took place in mid January and was a hunt consisting of my dad and two close friends of ours, Manny B. and Gary. It was a blast as always with this group and I'm already excited for our next trip in 2014! Everyone tagged out on older age class bucks, we ate like kings, and enjoyed hassle free trips down and back across the border! It was a great hunt!

As you can see Pops hammered a great buck! We found this buck on the first evening of the hunt. He was close to 1000 yards and at the top of the biggest mountain around. All I could tell was he had a big frame and had a G4 on one side. Pops and I made a valiant effort climbing up that mountain and ultimately got 200 yards across from where the buck was but couldn't relocate him. We could hear some rut activity below us but with light fading we decided to back out. It took another day and a half before we saw this buck again and Pops put the smack down on em'! I initially thought the buck had a broken G2 but later realized it was just short and the G4 was actually broke. Even without eyegaurds this buck still scores over 108" and had the G4 not been broke he would've been around 111". As always it was a great experience shared with my dad and one I won't forget! Congrats Pops! JIM>

Here's a link to the video:

DSCN1053_zps4e4669aa.jpg

DSCN1042_zps1b519175.jpg

DSCN1038_zps094ebc9d.jpg

DSCN1060_zps00ec69cf.jpg

What a cool buck! i agree, he looks bigger than his score! Congrats to your dad!

Thanks for the reply's all!

This buck definitely illustrates the fact that to hit the big numbers on a score sheet every tine counts! I was shocked to see he didn't have G1's but his beams were longer than I initially guessed so he still hit the number we thought he was, but dang, if only he had eye guards! :rolleyes:

I'm working on another short video that you all will love, it's "one of a kind" to say the least! Stay tuned.

congrats Jim on a great buck and a cool video. I liked the shot of the "client" catching some zzzzs while the "guide" was glassing. been there, done that!!!