Sign in to follow this  
huntress30

First time bowfisher

I am very excited to give bowfishing a shot.. I love my "new" bow I purchased, although the draw length does not adjust... Is there any advice you all could give me, besides, the aiming low and making sure I am in shape before throwing on a bikini ;-)

Anyhow here's my beauty, and any advice would surely be appreciated...

post-10454-0-82266800-1362716306_thumb.jpg

You are going to love it. The first fish I ever made contact with I shot it in the head. It was like pulling a 5 gallon bucket of water. Teh second fish was shot in the body and GAME ON!!!!

Enjoy..

I take a standard white fishing arrow and cut the knock off. I then insert the white arrow into an aluminum shaft to make the arrow heavier and stronger. But thats just me.

Dont even think about aiming , just point and shoot. You will instinctively aim automatically!! If your on a boat get high on a platform or at least an ice chest, the higher I are the better you'll see fish!!..... Headen home from shooting tonight, me and a guy shot 23 fish total weight of approx 450lbs!!

Btw I shoot the same set up you have, having noe draw stop or designated draw length helps for quick snap shots!

I shoot a similar set up with the AMS retreiver Dont try and reel in the fish, put the bow down and hand line them in. Small fish just yank in but big fish, let them run when they wanna run!! And i hope your not shooting on a nice pretty boat bc its gonna get nasty!! GOODLUCK!!

Lol, azhunter85, never said you lied.. Haha

Everyone else I appreciate the input... I expect to miss alot but that'll be part of te fun... Ill let you all know how it goes