Sign in to follow this  
huntscout

NEW NT WORLD RECORD COUES....

Has anyone heard about a new NT World Record Coues that was accepted by B&C recently? A friend of mine said he talked to a measurer that returned from the panel judging and they just finished scoring a 190+ net buck. I would really like to see the picts of that one...... Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen anything?

I just spoke with a very reliable source. He said the buck scores 196.2 NET. It was taken on the San Carlos reservation by a tribe member over 40 years ago. Who knows for sure. B&C is going to do all their homework on it before they let it in as the new world record.

Guest Ernesto C

May be Amanda has a contact or a phone # she can call with the B&C people and she can give us a little more information.

I wonder why it took so long to come out??Do tribe people know of B&C? Or do they care about B&C?

I wont be sorprise at all if several B&C bucks came out of Mexico from storage rooms,walls etc. Where I'm caming from no body knows (at least 15 years ago) of Boone And Crocket. People there where going after the meat and every once in a while they will harvest an exceptional buck,my father had several of them;and I get to see several big ones on the walls of people houses.

I'll be waiting to hear more on this buck 190+ typical that's a Big Boy for a coues;If I get a mule deer with that score I wont complaint :lol:

Thanks and God bless

Ernesto C.

This is a "true" rumor or whatever you want to call it. Kirk Kelso has the skinny on the deer and will probably post it here soon. He will be back to B&C's banquet where the award will be presented. The buck is huge around 196 and is from AZ the San Carlos tribe property. Shot quite a few years back and sold recently to a collector. It looks and checks out as a coues so it will be nice to "de-throne" the existing muley looking world record. Hopefully Kirk will enlighten us further........Allen Taylor..........

Guest Guest_couesnut

I've heard , thru a very good source, that this buck is all chewed up , patched & stained. Looked liked it's been laying in a wood pile for years, but it will be official.

Also some other coues that were entered with skull plates all busted up & then screwed back together. will se what they do on these.

I'll know more next wk.