Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Please welcome AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters!

Please help me welcome AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters as our newest sponsor on CouesWhitetail.com!

AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters consists of brothers Cash, Steel and Levi Armstrong along with Cousin Waylon Pettet and they established their guiding business 4 years ago. In that short time, they have impressed a lot of people with their skill and work ethic! I must admit I was a little concerned about these guys because they are so young. I was wondering if they could really be any good at such a young age, but after talking with several past clients, my concerns were put to rest and I definitely recommend these guys. They are SERIOUS about lion hunting as well as being passionate about Coues and elk hunting!

AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters is a full service guide and outfitter. They can accommodate large groups as well as remote backpack type hunts. They offer guided hunts for all species, but perhaps shine the most with regard to mountain lion and Coues hunts.

They can provide accommodations during the hunt in either travel trailers or wall tents if in a more remote location. Meals they provide include Steak, chicken, and fish, along with sides like bacon wrapped jalapenos and fried potatoes. Breakfasts include eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns as well as pancakes waffles and breakfast burritos.

I called several of their past clients and the comments that I heard were glowing and included things like “outstanding!”, “I couldn’t believe how dedicated they were!”, “Definitely going back with them! I rate them 100%!”, “they were great!”, “they know the country and they delivered on what they said”, “great lion guides!”, “already booked two more hunts with them!”, “best trackers I have ever seen!”

I also spoke with Waylon Pettet about their business and when I asked him what makes AZ Gound Pounders different from other outfitters, here is what he said, “AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters are different than other guides due to the immense knowledge of the units that we guide. Cash and Steel spend over 200 days a year trailing lions, hunting and glassing. The AZ Ground Pounders will work as hard as any outfitter to make sure that the client goes home with the best possible trophy.”

“The AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters have consistently guided or hunted some of the biggest Coues Deer in the Arizona every year. The Az Ground Pounders specialize in Dry Ground Lion Hunts from October until April and average just over 15 successful guided lion hunts per year.”

Waylon continued, “We have guided or killed many record book animals including Coues Deer that scored 133”,131”, 125” 120”, 117”, 114” and many other buck over 100 inches. We have also guided a 387” typical bull elk in 2011. Many of our lions have scored in either Pope and Young or Boone and Crockett Trophy Class. The AZ Ground Pounders Outfitters work to guide our clients to kill trophy animals.”

“We have a 100 percent success rate on all rifle Coues hunts.

Lions Clients are currently 48 out of the last 52 hunts. Elk Hunts are 100 percent opportunity rate on both early and late hunts.”

Enough of the hype, let’s see the proof! Check out a selection of their trophies below.....

And then check out their blog and learn more about what they can offer you!

http://azgp.blogspot.com/

post-1-0-84745400-1363112954_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-37692400-1363112966.jpg

post-1-0-54056200-1363113487_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-66246800-1363112943_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-90521000-1363112957.jpg

post-1-0-93052400-1363112959.jpg

post-1-0-19663000-1363112963.jpg

post-1-0-86294700-1363112964.jpg

post-1-0-02319100-1363113280_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-06395900-1363113282.jpg

post-1-0-73704600-1363113283_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-96457700-1363113284.jpg

post-1-0-38262400-1363113286.jpg

Welcome to the site. I have heard of you guys, and it's all been good, but just didn't know where you were from. I see a picture of my huntin partner Danny with her elk. Her and I shared many hunts as she was growing up. Thanks for joining up with CWT and good luck with all your clients this year. I look forward to seeing some of your success stories on here. :)

TJ

Looks like you guys have established a good thing. Keep up the good work, congrat's and welocome to the site.

Will K.

These guys are the real deal. They are self made. They have 26 of the best dogs you will ever see. They are trailing a lion or looking for one to trail right now. They go lion hunting 6 days a week no matter if they have a client or not. From the second I met them I knew I had to try to get a lion with them. Over the last two years I have spent 12 days on horse back and walking all over with a great Houndsman we just couldn't get it done. The guy has great dogs just having a long streak of bad luck. So elk hunting this year I hunted with Cash and Steel and knew from the first day of hunting not only would I kill my lion with them but I would have two new friends to hunt with when ever I wanted. I signed up for my lion experience and I had to wait for two months because of work. While I was working for those two months it seemed like I would get a picture of another huge Tom with a guy holding it and Cash standing next to him about once a week or a video of them letting a female go, Torture. Then I packed up and prepared for a long 4 day adventure. It turned out 10 minutes after leaving the truck the dogs struck a track and we were in snow (which they hate hunting in snow but knew how bad I wanted a lion) the dogs were gone and they found the track and said it was a nice cat not the biggest but nice and they said we can pull the dogs and wait for a big Tom you have a lot of time and of course after previous adventures I just wanted to see one in a tree. So I said let them tree it and then we will see. 20 minutes later they had it treed. The cat jumped the tree as soon as it saw a human. They had it treed again in 200 yards and Cash and I snuck up to take a look and he looked at it and said its a pretty good cat but its a female, a big female, I asked him you don't shoot females right. He said not usually but we are in sheep country now and you like sheep a lot don't you and thats all he had to say, He started to say something and boom. I had my first beautiful lion. About a 100 yards away we found a coues deer doe she had killed the night before which I didn't like to see but there wouldn't be anymore like that from that lion or from kittens she would have had in the future and their Kittens. Turned out to be a beautiful cat and an awesome 1/2 day adventure (it doesn't happen that way very often no matter who you hunt with). That was a month and a half ago and I still talk to them 4 or 5 times a week about all the lions they are chasing and treeing and videoing with no client on some of them. If you want a great lion hunt with great people and unbelievable dogs, these guys are who you want to hunt with.

post-539-0-50212800-1363190000_thumb.jpg

post-539-0-00405900-1363190141_thumb.jpg

post-539-0-00203800-1363190070_thumb.jpg

post-539-0-93864000-1363190110_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I am 6' 3'' and 215 lbs to give you more perspective.

I shot him with my real dad's 30-06 Springfield pump with a 1970's model Redfield wide view scope with a 180 Grain partition out of the last box of ammo he ever bought (He died from cystic fibrosis when I was 8 years old) It was very special for me to take such a magnificent animal with my dads favorite deer gun, pretty emotional. A hunt I will never forget. Especially when it is hanging on my wall when Clay gets done with it.

That is really cool that you were able to shoot that lion with his gun. Something you will never forget.

I shot him with my real dad's 30-06 Springfield pump with a 1970's model Redfield wide view scope with a 180 Grain partition out of the last box of ammo he ever bought (He died from cystic fibrosis when I was 8 years old) It was very special for me to take such a magnificent animal with my dads favorite deer gun, pretty emotional. A hunt I will never forget. Especially when it is hanging on my wall when Clay gets done with it.

That is awesome!

The AZ Ground Pounders are excited to be the featured sponsor on CouesWhitetail.com. We are currently booking lion hunts and are offering a CouesWhitetail.com special. If anyone mentions Coueswhitetail.com while booking we will offer $250 off of their lion hunt. Like matthewp45 said, Cash and Steel are lion hunting six days a week every week.