Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

We got elk tags!

Well i sure had to wait a long time, and thought we had blanked, but the Good Lord smiled on us after all.

I probably drew a "coveted" antlerless elk tag in Unit 6A, while my sweetie, Page McDonald finally hit the big time drawing an early bull rifle tag, probably in Unit 10. This is her FIRST and LAST bull tag, win loose tie or draw! After this year she is applying for antlerless only!

Lots of friends got lucky too.

A pair of twin brothers who are good friends of mine applied SEPARATELY for Unit 23N early bull first choice (20 tags) and Unit 10 late muzzleloader (25 tags) and BOTH drew. Got to believe they have the Unit 10 ML tags...

Then a husband/wife from Las Vegas who are also good friends both applied SEPARATELY for early rifle in Unit 10 (75 tags) and for Unit 6A October rifle bull hunt (225 tags) They both DREW! Probably 6A???

Another couple here in Kingman applied SEPARATELY for general rifle bull tags in Unit 6A (825 tags) and 5B (611 tags) and they BOTH DREW!

Another friend of mine here in Kingman applied with his daughter for archery elk tags and they DREW. They applied SEPARATELY for archery/muzzleloader antelope tags and SHE drew!

One of my NR hunters got either an 15A-15B-18A archery bull tag (25 tags) or a 6A archery (775 tags).

True to my word, I said after my 2010 muzzleloader elk hunt I wasn't applying for bull tags anymore, and I don't! I'll leave that up to all of you!

post-3669-0-85791900-1364016034_thumb.jpg

Another friend of mine here in KIngman drew an archery 18A tag in 2011 and smoked a 387 8 X 7 bull. Last year he had the multi unit rifle tag up here and got a 360 bull on opening day. This year he has drawn another elk (yep his third on a row!) tag, either the 15A-15B-18A archery tag or that late multi unit tag again! Talk about LUCKY!

post-3669-0-65746100-1364016691_thumb.jpg

I'm sure more tags are gonna pop up in the days to come when my clients find out what they've drawn and I can't wait to go hunting elk this fall!

Good luck to everyone!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Congratulations to all your friends who were among the fortunate to draw tags this year Don. Looks like you're going to be busy. Good luck to all your clients and friends. :)

TJ

Way to Go!!!! Excited for you! I'll chain this guy to tree for ya! I Kid :-) Good luck my friend!post-4863-0-17418900-1364232316_thumb.jpg

Nice bulls good luck in 10 with your better half. Are those bulls in 18a on the X-1? I have wanted to put in there for years now just wondering if it would be a waste of points or not. I saw a bull there on my antelope hunt that was over 400. But I only saw that one.