WildHeritageTaxidermy

15yrs + Bull Elk "Old Monarch of the Mountian"

We noticed some unique features on this bull when he came in the shop, and at the request of the hunter, we recreated this "Old Monarch of the Mountian" for him.

The G&F aged this bull at 15+, he had only 4 teeth left!

Here is the link to the original story.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/29079-wackin-and-stackin-with-the-golden-ticket-and-chasin-a-dream-outfitters/?hl=%2Bgolden+%2Bticket

post-3674-0-57181400-1364268512_thumb.jpg

post-3674-0-83614600-1364268529_thumb.jpg

This bull has a long history with my Son, Colton, (AKA the Golden Ticket) he had been picking up sheds off of this bull since back when he was a 400+ inch bull... We looked for him every year and could never find him, the last couple of years we had watched the size of his beams and tops shrink..His 2010 sheds were about 350"ish. Finally with in the closing days of the late rifle hunt in 2011 we spotted him up feeding in the wide open in the late morning sunshine! We ran up there and my hunter was able to put this old Mammoth bull down... I wish we would have taken photos of how much larger this bull's head was than any other bull brought into Dale's shop that hunt. Simply the biggest head on a bull elk I have ever seen!! his last teeth were literally falling out of his head and this mount looks EXACTLY like the bull did on the hoof!! Nice work Dale thatnks for doing this old giant justice!! As this old bull sits mounted he scores about 320'ish with only 40" main beams.... he is all fronts!!

• Like 2

This bull has a long history with my Son, Colton, (AKA the Golden Ticket) he had been picking up sheds off of this bull since back when he was a 400+ inch bull... We looked for him every year and could never find him, the last couple of years we had watched the size of his beams and tops shrink..His 2010 sheds were about 350"ish. Finally with in the closing days of the late rifle hunt in 2011 we spotted him up feeding in the wide open in the late morning sunshine! We ran up there and my hunter was able to put this old Mammoth bull down... I wish we would have taken photos of how much larger this bull's head was than any other bull brought into Dale's shop that hunt. Simply the biggest head on a bull elk I have ever seen!! his last teeth were literally falling out of his head and this mount looks EXACTLY like the bull did on the hoof!! Nice work Dale thatnks for doing this old giant justice!! As this old bull sits mounted he scores about 320'ish with only 40" main beams.... he is all fronts!!

cool info, nice to get the backstory on this bull!