Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Drew a Unit 7 Antelope Tag

I got lucky and drew a Unit 7 Antelope tag. I have hunted unit 7 for deer and elk, So I have seen antelope during those hunts. Having never hunted speed goats before. I would appreciate any and all advice on the best way to hunt these animals. I am going to start scouting the end of this month, so please PM me with any ideas of good starting points. I feel blessed to have this tag and know it may be years before I draw another one. So I am going to put a lot time in scouting this unit.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Dude! My wife has this tag too. If you want to split gas and scout together let me know. I had this tag in '06 and know some spots to start looking at.

• Like 1

DIdnt draw a tag, but I `ll be up there all summer photographing elk and antelope like I did last year. ( i live off of Spring Valley rd) Alot of the antelope stay in the trees, My youngest shot his antelope 5 minutes from the house

John H

IMG_6178.jpg

Perhaps a Cwt scouting get together?

Wow, sounds like CWT.com members own that hunt! Congrats to all of you!

HICAP40 knows what he's talkin' about and I was about to say the same thing, a lot of the antelope stay in the trees! The biggest bucks I've seen have been in the treed areas and it would be very hard to find or kill one of them. If I had a tag I would bring as many friends that I could round up and put them on high points out in the flat cedar country or even in the pine tree areas and hope somebody turns up a big buck. If you do this right before your hunt and a big buck has been spotted, he's probably staked the area out as his home turf and will still be close by. That's when it takes a ton of patience and perseverance in the treed areas because you'll get frustrated and want to run out to the meadows but stick with it and you'll find em! Best of luck to you all! JIM>

don't forget water sources - they almost DAILY come to water - not telling anyone to sit in a blind by a waterhole but proven successful- especially archery

scouting is the key!

I had this tag 2 years ago and a 19A tag last year..Stick to the trees and pray for no rain..it rained like a mother on my hunt from morning till dark,tons of lighting,a little freaky when your walkin around with a metal appliance,didnt feel much better in a blind with graphite rods either.I have a 7west archery bull tag this year and will be scouting alot..perhaps we can share info..same to the other lucky tagholders as well..horn for bone..I like to quote my cousin when it comes to stalkin speedgoats...."spot n spook"

• Like 1