ROMOCASADOR

4A archery bull

Seen some good bulls in the past (5+ years ago) in Turkey-Beaver Wilderness area, NW of Bear Canyon Lake. Seemed to be good genes, with mass and symmetry. you have to be prepared to pack them out. A lot of bears in there too. A camp down the road had to chase a bear off the meat when they returned for another pack load. Another camp had a bear in there garbage. I filmed the biggest bear I've ever seen, down in the bottom of T-B Canyon.

Those are some awesome pictures! That 370+ bull is impressive.

I don't have anything against 4A. I've killed 4 elk out of there in the last few years, including this bull back in 2004. The archery hunt is one of the best rut hunts I've ever experienced. But the overall quality is way below a lot of other units. Yes, it's possible you could kill something around 350 but slim. I guess that's what is great about hunting is that you just never know!

Good luck to everyone who drew. I'll be out chasing bulls myself!

post-2674-0-77077300-1375131337.jpg

• Like 1

That's a nice looking bull ZBAR.

The pics are getting me motivated. Hopefully, I will add a pic of my bull after the late hunt. Almost made the drive north to put up trail cameras yesterday. Going next weekend instead. While I have never take anything bigger than a spike from this unit (15 years ago), my dad took a nice 6x6 in 2007. Over the years I have seen decent bulls in the unit. Took a shot at a 6x6 last year...but missed. This year is REDEMPTION!

With 350 tags this year Unit 1 is going to be a zoo the first week! I think you guys made the right choice to hunt this unit first, then Unit 1. I don't have any real input about 4A but any early archery elk hunt in Arizona is a good one!

Good Luck!

Nick