Sign in to follow this  
Will K

22 South Muzzleloader Bull

The wife drew this tag and got a nice bull last year. I also had a camera stolen last year off of a tank in this unit. My wife's requirements for hunting is she won't kill a female, they are to pretty. And it has to be tee shirt weather. So that limits the hunts quite a bit as she is not interested in archery.

This might piss a few of you off but... she drew this tag again this year. Unfriggin believable! She has put in for elk three times in her life and drew this tag twice back to back.

Feeling guilty and not wanting to bring on any bad elk hunting juju, she has decided to give her tag to our youngest son (he's 13). This will be his first bull hunt.

Awesome! Good luck to you and Will K.

The wife drew this tag and got a nice bull last year. I also had a camera stolen last year off of a tank in this unit. My wife's requirements for hunting is she won't kill a female, they are to pretty. And it has to be tee shirt weather. So that limits the hunts quite a bit as she is not interested in archery.

This might piss a few of you off but... she drew this tag again this year. Unfriggin believable! She has put in for elk three times in her life and drew this tag twice back to back.

Feeling guilty and not wanting to bring on any bad elk hunting juju, she has decided to give her tag to our youngest son (he's 13). This will be his first bull hunt.

That's cool! I'm sure that hunt will last a lifetime for him and his parents :)

Will,

I started scouting this unit about 6 weeks before the hunt. Started second guessing where I was scouting because all I was seeing was cows and raghorns. I was scouting the usual known good areas without seeing any nice bulls. I was told by someone on this site (forgot who) to not worry about it, that the bigger bulls would show up as the rut started to heat up. Sure enough about two weeks before the hunt I started to see more bulls and bigger bulls. So, if you are scouting and seeing good numbers of cows the bulls will follow eventually.

10/4. I plan on spending time up there during the archery hunt to start locating the bulls. Hope it works out.

Thanks for the info.

Will