Sign in to follow this  
AZBUCKEYE

Time to learn unit 10

Going off 2012 odds, you had a 2.2% chance of drawing a 10 tag this year. 21 points would of given you an 80% chance and 22 points was probably 100%. Unfortunately the number of points required to receive a tag thru the bonus point pass keeps increasing. Also, make sure that you put in for hunts with at least 5 tags otherwise there isn't a bonus point pass.

Ramacasador: Max points pre draw 2013 was 24. And yes point creep is an issue. But you should draw in 2 to 4 years! Dont wait till you draw to plan! Start now if you want to kill a: monster! I know you will be pre occupied with all that elk hunting this year, but theres ways to increase your odds for a Monster on your future antelope hunt!

Congratulations on a great tag!! Knock down a good one ! Let me know if you need a starting point!

Thank You SirRoyal I would never pass up a starting point P.M me. Hope to start making runs up there in the next couple of weeks and will cont. through the summer.

Most appreciated

My unit 10 antelope tip...........when they see the dust your truck is kicking up, they will start making their own.

Leave your vehicle......and have good optics.

Good luck to you.

Let us know how you fare, that is a premier tag!

• Like 1

First off If you don't guide or have helped on many friends or family's hunts you have to ask yourself what your expectations are, most people that wait this long shoot the first 70 inch goat they see and If they are happy with that It's awesome, so If you are good with that you don't need to scout maybe once just to learn the country antelope are all over the unit.If you want to shoot a toad you need to scout hard and find 3 or 4 bucks you will shoot because one If It Is really big the auction or raffle hunter will kill it before your hunt even starts usally the 3 or 4 days before, you have a really good tag just find the one or 2 or 3 you would be happy with.

Seldom Drawn

• Like 2

Good luck on the 10 hunt! If you can show us some stories and pics of the hunt, should be a great tag!

• Like 1

How is the unit 10 "Scouting" for Your upcoming Lopes hunt going ? No word of late ... Been on this hunt several times over last 1/4 century, and with out a doubt unit 10 antelope are the "Wildest" I have ever hunted ??? Spot em from 2 miles away,start all stalks from a mile away and be able to hit a paper plate sized target in the field from 400 yds. away.Then if you are more "Lucky than Good" ... a Buck that the unit is famous for can be Yours ... Good Hunt en

How is the unit 10 "Scouting" for Your upcoming Lopes hunt going ? No word of late ... Been on this hunt several times over last 1/4 century, and with out a doubt unit 10 antelope are the "Wildest" I have ever hunted ??? Spot em from 2 miles away,start all stalks from a mile away and be able to hit a paper plate sized target in the field from 400 yds. away.Then if you are more "Lucky than Good" ... a Buck that the unit is famous for can be Yours ... Good Hunt en

Unfortunately had to go through a surgery just back on my feet and in fact heading up tomorrow for a scouting trip will be running up every other weekend hope to pin down my shooter with at least 3 backups in the next couple of weeks then baby sit them until opening day.

good luck on scouting -

unit 10 is getting more rain out of this monsoon season than ever - just storm after storm moving across the unit- this includes unit 7 and 8 - and all units along the upper Colorado.

be prepared for washed out draws /creeks and roads . standing water everywhere

Just went up with the my dad (azbuckeye) to scout for our first time and yes it was wet and just a mess. Seen some but it was a little harder than expected....at least this weekend was!!!!!