Going scouting this weekend. I will be leaving Friday midday and coming back sunday afternoon. If anybody wants to join me shoot me an email or pm. Going to be in unit 36b.

I'll be in 36C with a buddy on Saturday/Sunday. Leaving Saturday afternoon after my boy's football game, and hiking in for an over-niter up a drainage we're going to be hunting. Hopefully we'll glass-up some deer in there bright & early Sunday morning. Maybe we'll see you along the highway somewhere on Sunday on the way home Christian. ;)

Good luck! I hope you fine some more bucks!

S.

:)

Ok I am planning on going down again this weekend. I plan on leaving friday night and scouting all day saturday and sunday morning. Just shoot me an email or pm if you are heading down and want to meet up.

Younghunter,

I was down in 36b last weekend and found some very interesting area's that I need to look at further.

My question to you and anyone else in the southern units, does there seem to be a noticable decrease in the illegal traffic down there? I still found plenty of trash but most of it seemed to be old and there was not very much fresh sign on the trails.

Good luck in your scouting, which hunt to do you have? I have the Dec hunt!!

Reddog

From where I have been I have not seen 1 illegal either scouting trip so far. Before when I would go to this area quail hunting it would not be uncommon to see a group of 20 a day.

Also reddog if you are going down to 36b again let me know that is my unit this year.

I'm hunting 36b again this year. The area I hunted last Dec has gotten more dangerous. According to BP guys I'm talking to the NE part of the unit up towards I-19 and Chavez Siding/Agua Linda/ Arivaca Road has been seeing a lot of smuggling activity. In particular, they have taken a lot more gun shot victims out of the are than in years past. Seems like it is more profitable to rip loads than bring them across in the first place.

So don't be decieved by a seemingly lower number of UDAs in the area. I'm going to remain armed and in groups while scouting and hunting this year.

Later,

Matt

Me and a buddy scouted 36b this weekend and boy was it green.Allergies bout got the best of me but we did see deer every time we stopped to glass.Didn't find the bucks we were looking for but did see a couple in the 80's range.I have never seen such thick ocitillo stands.Tough to see the deer but they are there.No illegals and lots of border patrol,guard and dept of defense vehicles.

Me and a buddy scouted 36b this weekend and boy was it green.Allergies bout got the best of me but we did see deer every time we stopped to glass.Didn't find the bucks we were looking for but did see a couple in the 80's range.I have never seen such thick ocitillo stands.Tough to see the deer but they are there.No illegals and lots of border patrol,guard and dept of defense vehicles.

Hey out2 I have a Nov. tag with my two sons and haven't had a chance to get down there, Have a Utah hunt in Oct. may get down between them. What does it look like? and did you see a good bucks?

Azfiredude,I am hunting northeastern utah for mulies oct21 thru 29th,and then 36b nov 10th thru 19th!What a coincedence we both drew similar years.where did you draw in utah?36b was green green green.Ocitillo's were thicker than I have ever seen and the area was suprisingly clean of trash compared to last year.Pm me and we can discuss 36b in more detail.17 days and counting before we leave for utah!!!!