40-year-AZ-hunter

Threat to Firearms Sales on These Classifieds

Depending on how you feel about the requirement for background checks between private parties, the "compromise" bill put together for discussion in the US Senate next week will limit the ability to buy and sell firearms thru CWT and other forums, etc. The bill says in part that any sale that results from any posting online or in a publication will be subject to a background check. Here is the exact language. Pay close attention to (B).

"it shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs-
"(A) at a gun show or event, on the curtilage thereof; or
"(B) pursuant to an advertisement, posting, display or other listing on the Internet or in a publication by the transferor of his intent to transfer, or the transferee of his intent to acquire, the firearm."

Here is the link.

http://www.toomey.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=968

• Like 1

So we just go to sportsmans and fill out the paper work or the seller ships to an ffl like is already required. Not too big of a change other than face to face would technically need to be done with an ffl present. But what government doest know, doesnt hurt them.

I'm sure that atf would set up a sting to catch people skirting the system. I can't believe Flake voted for this crap. We definitely need to make him a one term senator.

• Like 1

Then the catch will be to close the loop hole of "face to face" so... a national registry will be required. Give an inch, take a mile, comes to mind.

• Like 1

So we just go to sportsmans and fill out the paper work or the seller ships to an ffl like is already required. Not too big of a change other than face to face would technically need to be done with an ffl present. But what government doest know, doesnt hurt them.

Why let them criminalize any currently legal behavior because of a very few individuals criminal behaviors??? and just in case you have not connected the so called "universal background check" dots to it's inevitable national registry conclusion.....THINK ABOUT THIS.......if they truly/only wanted to determine you are not a prohibited possessor then there is no need to complete a 4473.....just run my name through NICS using my drivers license or any other approved picture ID card.......without any gun information...THAT WILL NOT BE DONE BECAUSE CONFISCATION IS THE TRUE AGENDA......REGISTRATION IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR TAXATION OR CONFISCATION.....AND IN CASE I WAS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH ON WHERE I STAND...I'M NOT FOR ANY NEW GUN LAWS AT ALL....."SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE........

• Like 8

We don't have to submit to background checks to speak, worship, or vote. Why should this constitutional right be any different? I am done with Flake.

• Like 1

Amen Amen.

• Like 1

When is the President going to have a back ground check? he has the keys to much more destructive weapons than we could ever have.

• Like 3

If guns ever try to get confiscated, its war time in the u.s. everyone knows it. Problem is most people are too scared to actually stand up if the time came to fight. No one wants to possibly die, or go to jail, so they just conform. There comes a time to fight, and that time may be near. It will take some prominant leaders to stand up and take lead though. Maybe certain states will stand up, then we should move to those states to support them and help.

• Like 2

I'm sure that atf would set up a sting to catch people skirting the system. I can't believe Flake voted for this crap. We definitely need to make him a one term senator.

• Like 1

So we just go to sportsmans and fill out the paper work or the seller ships to an ffl like is already required. Not too big of a change other than face to face would technically need to be done with an ffl present. But what government doest know, doesnt hurt them

Why let them criminalize any currently legal behavior because of a very few individuals criminal behaviors??? and just in case you have not connected the so called "universal background check" dots to it's inevitable national registry conclusion.....THINK ABOUT THIS.......if they truly/only wanted to determine you are not a prohibited possessor then there is no need to complete a 4473.....just run my name through NICS using my drivers license or any other approved picture ID card.......without any gun information...THAT WILL NOT BE DONE BECAUSE CONFISCATION IS THE TRUE AGENDA......REGISTRATION IS ONLY NECESSARY FOR TAXATION OR CONFISCATION.....AND IN CASE I WAS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH ON WHERE I STAND...I'M NOT FOR ANY NEW GUN LAWS AT ALL....."SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE........

AMEN to this.

The Demander and Thief and his Stooges in Congress are following in the footsteps of Chairman Mao, Stalin, Hitler and many others. We were given the RIGHT to bear arms to protect from the TYRANNY OF GOVERNMENT. In case some out there have missed it ... we already seeing it. What the heck is Obamacare if not TYRANNY. "Sorry Mr. Jones, I know you have a curable type of Cancer, but you are 78 years old. We can't treat you." If that ain't TYRANNY, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

The president has admitted to drug use. I don't think he would pass the background check.

• Like 1

Let's pray we never have to take up arms against one another because the last time we did it was the most devastating war on American soil with brothers and cousins killing one another! There is nothing "civil" about civil unrest and for those that have served in combat we care not to have to do so again or at least I speak for myself. Something about the snaps of rounds passing nearby doesn't "sound" great anymore to me, pun intended! Hopefully the system will right itself and calmer heads will prevail my fellow hunting friends! I now hand the soap box to others...

• Like 1

PREPARE FOR THE WORST. It's just the beginning. That's how GUN CONTROL STARTS and slowly slowly with other new laws about guncontrol there will be NO MORE 2'nd Amendment

• Like 1