brian390

Any other juniors have success?

My friend's girl and boy each got nice gobblers a day apart this past weekend. Not sure what unit though.

Hunted unit 23 this weekend for the youth hunt and we put in lots of work but never seen any turkey. Heard a few gobbles very early in the morning but that was pretty much it. Rich Williams did an excellent job putting on the Marvin Robbins Memorial Youth Camp. We'll be trying it again in a few weeks when it opens back up.

P.S. anyone willing to help us rookies out. Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

JD

Hunted unit 23 this weekend for the youth hunt and we put in lots of work but never seen any turkey. Heard a few gobbles very early in the morning but that was pretty much it. Rich Williams did an excellent job putting on the Marvin Robbins Memorial Youth Camp. We'll be trying it again in a few weeks when it opens back up.

P.S. anyone willing to help us rookies out. Any and all suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

JD

We put in a long day Friday hunting 23. Didn't see or hear anything.

We went out and had turkeys responding every night and morning but just couldnt get them to come in. It was weird. was told they were already with the hens so thats why they didnt come in. We had probably 10 return gobbles but just couldnt seal the deal.. Had a great time with the boy though

My 15 yr old shot a nice one friday morning, the only bird we heard he was by himself called in to 30 yards, good times, great kid.

I hunted with my boys 2 mornings in Unit 1. Lots of action but no shots. I was able to get them talking, but they kept hanging up out of range. Standman and another buddy took my oldest boy out to 3C and were able to find some birds and get close but still no turkeys taken. I'm hoping to get out before school a little bit this week.

Heard a few gobbles saturday and sunday morning. Seemed like all the birds we heard only responded once to an owl call early. Nothing would answer a gobble or a hen call. and we seen 2 lone hens and one lone gobbler. We did drive up on one gobbler strutting next to the road with 5-6 hens while changing spots. Not sure why he wouldn't of answered when I had just let out a hen call about 200 yards down the road before we seen him.

Heard gobbles by doing owl calls early Sat and Sun morning, but nothing after they came off the roost. Did call in a hen but that was it. Pretty typical turkey hunting for me!

Thanks everyone for the updates. It is always fun to see how it is going out there. If there is anymore updates, keep them coming.

Hunted Saturday night and Sunday morning. Did get fill the tag, but we had fun with 3 toms for 40 minutes Sunday morning. Ultimately, they became aware of us and shut up. Never saw them.