Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

New Jaguar Pics

Gotta love the jag pics!! They always make me a tad bit jealous and cause me to drool a bit before recovering! Heard that the G&F are planning on naming this jag Macho L, in your honor, and in an attempt to gain access to your SD cards. I think you need to beat them to the patent office and protect your family name!

On a serious note, have you ever captured a daylight photo of any of your jags, or have all pictures been shot at night?

Kidso, No daytime photos yet...

Stanley, I will look to see what other pics I have to compare size, but I believe he is very close in size to a male mtn lion. The cats that live in the swamps of south America can get up in the 200 pound range, but these jags that live in the far north part of the range are much closer to mountain lions.

Very, very cool Buddy! Love seeing those Jag pics!!

Cool pics! Not sure that writing copyright will do anything for you.......but writing......Macho Lance....now that would be awesome!

Kidso, No daytime photos yet...

Stanley, I will look to see what other pics I have to compare size, but I believe he is very close in size to a male mtn lion. The cats that live in the swamps of south America can get up in the 200 pound range, but these jags that live in the far north part of the range are much closer to mountain lions.

Good/interesting information. Makes sense. Likely the scale in my mind when I saw the life-sized mount was tainted by the coolness of it! ;) Darn thing looked all of 400lbs in my mind!! lol

Again, thanks for sharing the pics/info Lance!

S.

:)

There are some great books on Jaguars if any of you are interested.

Jaguar Hunting in the Moto Grosso and Bolivia, Tony de Almedia ( my favorite book so far)

Tigrero, Sasha Siemel (very rare book, but awesome stories of Sasha killing 100+ jags with a spear)

Borderland Jaguars, David Lopez, Carlos Gonzalez (lists all jaguars taken in AZ)

Jaguar, Alan Rabinowitz (Allen helped create the first Jaguar preserve in South America)

Ambushed on the Jaguar Trail, Jack Childs (Jack Chronicles his tracking of Macho B with trail cams)

Eyes of Fire, Warner Glenn, (Warners encounter with a Jaguar near Douglas)

• Like 2

Now I recall a 60 minutes story from a while back........ Focused on the work that Alan Rabinowitz has done. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7300063n I'm not a huge fan of 60 minutes, but if you're interested in Jaguars it's a pretty interesting piece (clearly slanted toward conservation in support of Rabinowitz's work......). That dude has a serious passion for these animals!

Now you've got me inspired. Might have to a quick search on Amazon for some reading material! ;)

S.

• Like 1