Sign in to follow this  
tcharchery

Elk Scent and cover scent

It was brought to my attention that Arizona has banned the use of products containing cervid urine. In the past, I have used "elkfire" and the cow elk urine waffers. I have looked at the containers, but there is no description of the contents. I have emailed the manufacturer asking for the ingredients as well as an MSDS. Until then, anybody have any information or a list of such banned products?

When I can, I usually hunt with several other friends and family so Ive given up on cover scents or scent elimination products. When I am alone I use any scent elimination product the I have!

Somebody makes synthetic scents. I wonder how the G&F will be able to detect the difference on your hat or where ever you used to sprinkle the pee on. :rolleyes:

I know this sounds horrible but I find the first fresh spot of piss and roll my pack and legs in it. used fresh cow shoot as well. You really would be surprised at how effective it can be. Estrus wafers on the hat and the pack as well. Super stinky just like the big bulls like it!!!

• Like 2

Due to my last Elk hunt (When I can get drawn) I don't think the Elk really care about scent to a point. Heck they were all hanging out at my parked Jeep with oil leaks and full Jerry cans on it. They chewed on my soft top for awhile and then left. I was watching them from my binos in my tree stand a mile away.

• Like 1

Final step(juniper for elk hunts) cover scents work well. Like all cover scents you must make sure you are as scent free as possible before you use them.