Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Eastman's bowhunting

i'm curious about a hunt published in the last easrman's bowhunting mag, it was guided by vaquero outfitters and it says is private land, just wondering what unit has private land?

i thought more or less all the units were public land except the reservations.

does anybody has any ideas?

That hunt was on the ORO ranch,private.

Yes it was on the RO ranch they have some monster bulls there a friend of mine has a hunt there this year last time he past on a lot of 370 bulls never did see a 400 plus but Randy elmer got one 400 plus .They also have some big muleys there to .

Correct me if I am wrong but it was my understanding the way the state laws are that no land is locked to the public and only people whom are picked or pay there way in can hunt. We got into it with a land owner who was doing this and the next day he had a guide on the land G&F told him he had to unlock the gate and let everyone on the land. So have the laws changed?

Correct me if I am wrong but it was my understanding the way the state laws are that no land is locked to the public and only people whom are picked or pay there way in can hunt. We got into it with a land owner who was doing this and the next day he had a guide on the land G&F told him he had to unlock the gate and let everyone on the land. So have the laws changed?

Deeded land can and is locked up all the time in Az. often causing loss of access to public land. Leased land can't be locked up unless the land is leased from a private owner which basically means it is deeded land being leased. There are instances where leased land can be locked with permssion from the commision.

Yeah just read it in the regs guess that was one more lie from my youth to stop thinking it was the truth.