Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Unit 1 archery bull

Gunslinger,

The unit as a whole has elk just about everywhere. Grab an Apache Sitegraves map, pick a spot and start scouting. I'm heading back up for the 3rd time in the past 4 weeks to scout. Its going to be a great year.

My son just got assigned to a fire in Oregon so I have to keep track of his cams. So far its looking good.

post-652-0-70948900-1375327499_thumb.jpg

100 yards from where my brother in law got his last year.

DCM

DCM I I'd not hear you... What I'd you say the oordinates of hat camera are.

Just kidding. That is a really nice looking bull. I can't wait for the season to start.

My son just got assigned to a fire in Oregon so I have to keep track of his cams. So far its looking good.

attachicon.gifPICT0345.JPG

100 yards from where my brother in law got his last year.

DCM

shame that one g5 sucks. other than that, thats what i want. just a big straight 6. either that or a 390+ non typical freak :)

• Like 1

While you're all out chasing bulls, if any of you spot some cows near Flat Top or Coon Canyon right south of Eagar - I'd appreciate if you could shoot me a PM. Scouted up there 2 weeks ago and the title "Limited Opportunity" doesn't fully describe it. Did not cut a fresh track or fresh dropping after a whole lot of walking and glassing. Hoping it will improve by early October.

its getting so close I can almost smell the estrus. you boys seeing many deer in 1?

Seen a few, my wife has a rifle tag so i have been watching a couple of bucks with great interest.

What kind of optics are you using to view 2.75 miles away?

Buddy found them with his 15x.

I put my 20x60 spotter on them and then placed one of scope cam adapters on it. Pretty good given the distance.

its getting so close I can almost smell the estrus. you boys seeing many deer in 1?

Seen a nice group of four big bucks on the north east side of the unit. Also heard a few bugles too! :-) Can't wait for Sept 13th.....

Seen a nice group of four big bucks on the north east side of the unit. Also heard a few bugles too! :-) Can't wait for Sept 13th.....

right on. im going to try and head up like 3 days before and deer hunt/scout.