What are your opinions on the bowtech assassin? Anybody have that bow? Been thinking of maybe getting that in the future for my new bow.

My little brother has one and its a fantastic bow small light weight fast , for a small framed person i dont think you could get a better bow

I have one. Shot my elk with it, and a pig. It's a great little bow. I think the only downfall is the standard sights and rest. They served their purpose for my hunts, but were wearing out from daily use.

I shot that bow last year and loved it. Like said above the rest and sight are not the best but will get you by. I changed my rest to a QAD pro hunter and gained 13 FPS. My setup was at 70lbs and at 28' and I shoot a 400 grain arrow and it would shot it at 298 FPS. It is a great bow for the money and has a solid back wall. You might want to wait till July to get one though as Bowtech is getting ready to release a new bow called the Knight. Not sure what it is going to be but rumors are it could be a mid-level bow or possibly replace the Assassin. if that the case then you might be able to get a great deal on the Assassin. Not trying to start any rumors but it might be worth waiting to see what it is since it should be released in about two weeks.

My buddy has an archery shop in Holbrook and deals Bowtech and Matthews. He is 6'2" so not particularly small, that is his bow of choice from either manufacturer.

I shot that bow last year and loved it. Like said above the rest and sight are not the best but will get you by. I changed my rest to a QAD pro hunter and gained 13 FPS. My setup was at 70lbs and at 28' and I shoot a 400 grain arrow and it would shot it at 298 FPS. It is a great bow for the money and has a solid back wall. You might want to wait till July to get one though as Bowtech is getting ready to release a new bow called the Knight. Not sure what it is going to be but rumors are it could be a mid-level bow or possibly replace the Assassin. if that the case then you might be able to get a great deal on the Assassin. Not trying to start any rumors but it might be worth waiting to see what it is since it should be released in about two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up!! I will keep my eyes out!

No problem. My buddy has a bow shop and should have the new bow (Knight) in by July 8th. As of right now Bowtech still has not told him much about it either as they are keeping it very quite till the release of it. But when he gets more information on it and if it is going to replace the Assassin I will let you know if you would like.

No problem. My buddy has a bow shop and should have the new bow (Knight) in by July 8th. As of right now Bowtech still has not told him much about it either as they are keeping it very quite till the release of it. But when he gets more information on it and if it is going to replace the Assassin I will let you know if you would like.

That would be awesome. Thanks a ton!

The Knight is out and it is not going to be taking the place of the Assassin. As for specs on the new bow it is carbon and really light at 3.2 lbs 31 inches from axle to axle IBO is 330 and 7 inch brace the MSRP is $849 so you should be able to pick one up for $749 that is bare bow.The specs are are really close to the Assassin. I have not shot the Knight yet but I will be going to shoot it tomorrow and I can let you know my take on it.

/>The Knight is out and it is not going to be taking the place of the Assassin. As for specs on the new bow it is carbon and really light at 3.2 lbs 31 inches from axle to axle IBO is 330 and 7 inch brace the MSRP is $849 so you should be able to pick one up for $749 that is bare bow.The specs are are really close to the Assassin. I have not shot the Knight yet but I will be going to shoot it tomorrow and I can let you know my take on it.

Can you buy the assassin bare bow?? Sure, I would love to know your take on it. I shot the pse brute x a few nights ago and I loved it. Still have not shot the assassin yet though. Thanks again!

I would imagine if you asked whatever archery shop you go to that you wanted the Assassin bare then they would do it. I know a lot of shops were going upgraded packages for a small fee less than a hundred bucks,. That would give you an upgraded rest and sight. I would definitely shoot a couple different bows to make sure you get what you want. I will let you know what I think about the new Knight tomorrow.

I shot the Carbon Knight a couple nights ago but only got to shoot it 3 times. I will be shooting it some more in a couple days.

My first impression of it was incredibly light almost fake fealing. It was set at 29 inch draw and 60 lbs draw weight. The draw cycle has a pretty consistant pull and has a solid back wall like all Bowtech's. I did not feel like it had any creep. On the shot it has a slight vibration but is pretty quite. I shot it without any stabilizer and I think with a quality stabilizer it would take care of the vibration. We shot a 401 grain arrow through the crono and it shot at 281 fps. I am going to go back and shoot it with a stabilizer and crank it up to 70 lbs and I will let you know what I think after that. He was super busy when I shot it the last time so I will go back and get a better feel of it and shoot it a lot more.

/>I shot the Carbon Knight a couple nights ago but only got to shoot it 3 times. I will be shooting it some more in a couple days.

My first impression of it was incredibly light almost fake fealing. It was set at 29 inch draw and 60 lbs draw weight. The draw cycle has a pretty consistant pull and has a solid back wall like all Bowtech's. I did not feel like it had any creep. On the shot it has a slight vibration but is pretty quite. I shot it without any stabilizer and I think with a quality stabilizer it would take care of the vibration. We shot a 401 grain arrow through the crono and it shot at 281 fps. I am going to go back and shoot it with a stabilizer and crank it up to 70 lbs and I will let you know what I think after that. He was super busy when I shot it the last time so I will go back and get a better feel of it and shoot it a lot more.

Sounds good. In the past week I have shot the brute x, bow madness, and bear method. I like them in that orderas well. The bear method feels incredible. I have not shot any of the bowtechs yet though. The bear comes with all trophy ridge accessories, which I like more as well. I actually heard that the top cam/wheel of the assassin has been de-railing. Kinda put a sour taste in my mouth.

I never had an issue with mine derailing but I did notice the cam tracks were a bit shallow on the assassin. I noticed that the new bows from bowtech have deeper cam tracks. You could also look at the Hoyt challenger. I shot that bow a couple months ago and it felt pretty nice. I don't remember the price exactly but want to say it was around 450-550. I'm not sure it that comes in a package or just bare bow. Most of the bows that get derailed are from people pulling them back without a release and then trying to let down and they torque the bow and twist the string because they are gripping them so tight trying not to dry fire it. And then they blame it on the bow when it was their fault. Hope this helps. I think if you shoot the assassin you will love it though. Look at YouTube on bows derailing there are a couple video describing how people cause it to happen.