Sign in to follow this  
RodinAZ

Here's my dilemma, looking for help

My hunting buddy and I drew early Elk tags and he has decided to NOT put in for the draw for WT tags due to work constraints. This leaves me in a pickle as I could care less about work and would rather chase white tails. Therefore I am again this year without a hunt camp, same circumstance last year (hence, I need a dedicated Coues partner(s) I can count on) as I would rather hunt WT than anything else.

I'm not looking for a guide or any hand holding as I consider myself very capable as a hunter, I just would rather hunt/camp with like minded hunters. So, if anyone would consider adding a dedicated Coues hunter to their camp I would be willing to have a conversation to see if I would be a good fit.

PM me with your contact info or I'll send you mine. I live in Chandler and have hunted the 36 units with good success, although I would prefer one of the northern units (22-24) or open to suggestions.

Thanks, Rod

Have you hunted any of the 20's previously? This may be a good idea for a thread, solo hunters looking for a camp to join or group to apply with.

You have had a few profile views today, so some folks are probably considering it. Maybe offer up a little info on your experience / approach and your setup. For instance, do you have your own transportation, gear, etc. Good luck, I hope you find a great group to hunt with.

Good idea for a separate forum for those fishing for elk or deer hunting partners. Sometime the need may be for the whole hunt or maybe for partners after the first weekend when many call it quits and go back to work. Perhaps we need a forum for each hunting unit/specie/hunt

That sounds like a good idea. It seems like I always have people flake out on me. That is why I fought my wife to hunt

Thanks for the replies and PMs. I too like the idea about separate forum.

Flatlander, I have only scouted and Coyote hunted in the 20s units, also spend alot of time in 3A, 4A and 4B on elk hunts and camping.

That is a good idea, it is nice to have company around the fire or back @ camp, or help on a packout, or just someone close by that can keep tabs on you during a hunt. JLG.