Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Striper Fishing With Daddio

Finally had chance to fly fish for carp and grab some nice 3-4lb Striped Bass. The bite is picking up!

post-4863-0-09457300-1370642597_thumb.jpg

post-4863-0-39838200-1370642645_thumb.jpg

Hi buffhunter, I use tiny green damsel fly unweighted nymph. For a dry fly I tie just a tuft of white dubbing on a small hook to imitate the bread & what not people feed the ducks. Works well!:)

Very Nice!!!! And to take along your Dad is priceless... Perfect eating size on the stripers...Have you ever had boiled striper??? cut into chunks and lightly boil in salted water, then use honey mustard, ranch dips...YUMMMM..... Try a weighted crawfish pattern fly for carp on the bottom or a fly called "sucker spawn", yellow yarn kinda bunched-up on the hook for surface fishing(corn like in appearance)... Carp can be eaten also if taken during the right time of year, we used to sell live carp to a Hasidic guy in NY...

OneShot, I'll certainly try that recipe! always looking for new recipes to try! Thanks Buddy! Also use that "sucker Spawn" fly as well and catch most that way on the ol' fly rod! I'll try that craw patterm too! Happy Huntin/Fishing!

Gut Pile