Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Carp on the Fly Rod!

post-4863-0-02123600-1371407170_thumb.jpgpost-4863-0-15208000-1371407196.jpgpost-4863-0-46502400-1371407363_thumb.jpg

These are a few Carp I caught on the Fly Rod recently! OneShot, If you get a chance, you do some fly fishing with me here at Lake Pleasant!

I'm in. Let me know when your going again. I love catching Carp on the fly.

Adam

• Like 1

Thats awesome! I would love to learn how to catch a carp on the fly, i just recently picked up fly fishing and am curious as to all the tips and tricks. Let me know if youd like to ever get out!

Bryan

That has got to be a lot of fun. What size tippet do you use?

TJ

Great thread. Carp are one of the most under-utilized fish in this state. My family used to spend spring break at San Carlos, trying to catch bass, crappie and cats, but mostly reeling in carp. You get half a dozen kids reeling in 5-7 pound fish every 5 minutes, it's all good times.

Hooking into a good carp with light fly tackle has to be a great rush. While they are commonly thought of as "bottom feeders" you see these big schools slurping the surface and have to wonder how it would feel to put something light out in the middle of the school without spooking them and hold on tight to your 3 weight rod and 2x tippet.

Kind of like "hillbilly tarpon fishing". LOL.

Gotta love the "redneck bonefish"