Sign in to follow this  
43F

Arizona Cell Phone Coverage

Explain the Booster for me. I have been looking into finding something. When I travel around AZ for work I wish I had just a little boost to get me out a little farther. Thanks for any info on it and what it does for you.

Last year I was hiking out to a really remote spot. I had great cell service with my Blackberry. I upgraded to a new one, and now the very same exact spot? You guessed it...no service

Alot of cell companies making cheaper and cheaper antennas...

There is hope with Google Loon. But then ... we will never be disconnected from the office... with positive comes a very negative...

Explain the Booster for me. I have been looking into finding something. When I travel around AZ for work I wish I had just a little boost to get me out a little farther. Thanks for any info on it and what it does for you.

I borrowed one of these from a friend while hunting on the strip.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Electronics-Wireless-Booster-Vehicle/dp/B0011GI94Q

This thing was great. From a spot where you normally get no service, I was able to drive up a small hill and text or call home and give updates. It basically adds one or two bars from wherever you are.

$20 Verizon prepaid phone with $20/month unlimited txt plan going to have better service than any Smart Phone including Verizon smart phones, it can be your "Out in the woods Phone/pal/lifeline/etc", might not be ideal to have 2 seperate phones but comes in handy if you need to send a quick 'im okay' or 'change of plans' message that you'll be confident was actually sent and received.

DAN