Sign in to follow this  
Elkhunter1

Nikon Coolpix L310

I got this camera for Christmas and have been getting to know it and how it works. I can tell you it takes good pics and has very good range for the type of camera it is; "point and shoot." It also has great close-up abilities. It is a 14.4 megapixel with a 21x zoom. It has a large view screen and takes SD,SDHC, and SDXC memory cards up-to 128Gb. It will also take video in 720P. It comes with software compatible with both MS, and Mac., USB cable, and batteries. I have come to the conclusion that this is a great back pack-scouting camera.

post-5396-0-14877300-1371698967_thumb.jpg

This doe is standing about 100 yrds from me.

post-5396-0-26159700-1371699926_thumb.jpg

These does are around 200

post-5396-0-65802900-1371699962_thumb.jpg

My trail cam is a general shot.

post-5396-0-04323000-1371699782_thumb.jpg

This last one is about 10 ft and zoomed in a little.

Looks like it works just fine. Its time to replace my Canon P&S, I'll have to check out the Nikon.

P.S Did the buzz worm's modeling career end soon after the photo shoot?

No, he was at one of my cam locations and I didn't want to let off a shot. He was a nice one about 4.5 ft

will it read other formated cards say from moultrie or wildgame?? I had a cool pix that would not.... but it was a couple years ago.

just curious, looking to get a new 1 also. my canon will read whatever you put in it.

James

I had that problem with my old camera and the Moultrie TCs. I talked to the guys at Moultrie about the problem and he said that when you delete the pics from the card in the point and shoot camera it replaces the DCIM folder with one of it's own and the Moultrie cam doesn't recognize it . The pic is there and it can be retrieved from the card with a computer. The point and shoot cam I had would not read one or two pics out of six or seven, becoming a real problem. I resolved that issue by formating the cards with my laptop. NOW that I have the new Nikon I don't have that issue. I have looked at around 2000 pics from my new Moultrie A5, not one problem. I would use your computer to format all of your cards, make sure that you include the DCIM folder. When the card is first used after each formating, the cam that it is in installs its version of the DCIM file. Hope this helps you with your problem. I love the new Nikon camera.

nice...

definitely helps!

James

nice...

definitely helps!

James

Anytime you need something just give a holla.

Nice! Tried shooting any pics through binos yet?

Nope all of the shots were at distance. It has great zoom capabilities. I haven't really scouted yet!