Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

did someone say Mojave?????

Friend of a friend working on the border fence took this says more were underground at a water source. looks like mojave and western correct?? heck i only have phone to view picture on.. enjoy!

Looks like a lot of prairie rattlesnakes in there, which would go along with the mass denning. I used to study Mojaves and they aren't known for mass denning behavior. There are prairie rattlesnakes in far SE Arizona (in grasslands near Douglas), close to the border, but I don't think they are in great numbers, if memory serves me correctly. I know I spent a great deal of time trying to find a prairie down near Douglas while I was collecting Mojaves. Never did find one.

That kind of denning is very typical in Texas with both prairies and western diamondbacks.

I did see a Prairie Rattler up in 12BW a couple of years ago but was unaware of any down near Douglas.

• Like 1

I did see a Prairie Rattler up in 12BW a couple of years ago but was unaware of any down near Douglas.

Up in 12BW would be a former subspecies of prairie rattlesnake. Most likely a Great Basin rattlesnake (Crotalus oreganus lutosus). They used to be a subspecies of the western (prairie) rattlesnake group, but were found to be genetically different several years ago. And I looked it back up, true prairie rattlesnakes have been found in AZ near Springerville and are rumored to be in Cochise Co. near Douglas. I was always looking for them to document their presence when I was doing my research on Mojaves.

Yeah, this picture, along with a few others with it, have been floating around the web for a few years. I believe the picture was taken in Texas as already mentioned.

Also, PRDATR, you cannot "like" your own posts!!! :)

That's funny right there!!!
  • Like 1

Ahhhhhh so somebody lied to his wife to get symathy for cruel and unusual working conditions.. oh im gonna blow the whistle!!! thx for the truth

• Like 2

Ahhhhhh so somebody lied to his wife to get symathy for cruel and unusual working conditions.. oh im gonna blow the whistle!!! thx for the truth

Why blow the whistle when you can benefit from extortion?!?!

• Like 1

I would poop my pants while I was running and screaming as fast as I could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam

• Like 1

Yeah, this picture, along with a few others with it, have been floating around the web for a few years. I believe the picture was taken in Texas as already mentioned.

Never thought of that! I "like" me!

• Like 1

Never thought of that! I "like" me!

Yeah, not sure how I managed to do that, but hey it keeps you guys entertained. ;)

• Like 1