Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Ultimate Kids Bow - Infinite Edge

I posted a thread earlier and asked peoples opinions on kids' bows. One of the bows that kept coming up was the Diamond Infinite Edge. This weekend I was at my biddies bow shop and he had a pink camo one set up for women to shoot. We were able to crank it down to 25 lbs and let the wife shoot it 20 or so times. She had a blast, and even with no prior archery experience was able to quickly start to group shots..

post-5618-0-86341300-1372639945.jpg

After the wife got done we took the same bow downstairs, put it in the press and changed the module settings. Without changing any hardware we were able to set the draw length to 14.5" and the draw weight at just over 10 lbs. Both my 4 year old and 5 year old were able to draw the bow on their own and shoot it. The bow was a little heavy for them so I had to support their left arm to hold the bow steady. But a 6 year old girl at the shop was able to shoot completely on he own.

post-5618-0-30441600-1372639001.jpg

post-5618-0-19286700-1372640093.jpg

This bow is incredible. I have definitely found the answer to my questions about which bow is the best starter bow for kids. My boys will be able to shoot this bow (not this exact one we elected to order one that wasn't pink) from 4 yrs old to the time they begin hunting. If they want a man bow after that its on them to buy it

This is a sweet bow I haven't heard a lot about so I thought I would let some more folks know about it.

• Like 3

We also bought this bow for my son who is currently 10. We are really happy with it and we have been adjusting it as he grows. It is a blast to go to the range or walking course with him..... Great bonding time. We plan to get my daughter one in the near future... Will be the "Pink" one for her though.

Flatlander, its a great bow, your boys will love it and grow with it. My grandson is shooting really well with his, well enough I will be taking him to the Mormon lake shoot this month. Awesome young men you got there. I wish they had this bow around when my own son was their age.

GBA

New to bowhunting I bought one for myself, 27.5" of draw length, set for 65lbs, I've no doubt this bow will do everything I ask of it should I beat the odds and spot and stalk into shooting position.

My two boys started shooting a cheapo Barnett compound, although my leftie had trouble shooting it and has demanded he get a proper bow for his condition. The youth Diamond looks like a nice bow (I shoot an Outback), is there a retailer in Phoenix area that has these available to test drive?

I now have one at my house you can try out if you like. Its set at 14.5" draw and 10 lbs.