Bitter24

Anyone else getting itchy for aug 23rd??

Just cooked up some of 2012 Kansas buck for dinner last night. I'm ready for some Coues backstrap. Let's get it on.

Our archery season starts mid-September in the Florida panhandle. Can't wait for it to get here, but I am most looking forward to January in Arizona. It will be my first coues try. Gonna be a long 6 months.

• Like 2

I am so anxious to tag a coues with my bow its bordering on obsession. only 36 more days!

I'm using the early season to get some spot and stalk/glassing practice before my November elk hunt... Pulled a December Rifle deer tag, so it'd have to be an awful big velvet Coues to get me to release an arrow in August or September. Not saying it would be out of the realm of possibility though :)

Sitting in a 90deg plus ground blind, sweat running down every part of your body, mosquitoes filling up on all that hot blood of yours, looking at the same old view from that little opening for hours you bet I'm ready. Bring it on!

TJ

you forgot the possibility of a P&Y rattler in your blind waiting for you and the chiggers that hop onto your ankles as you walk through the wet dewy grass on your way to your blind. Oh, and how your junk falls asleep when you sit on your tripod chair.. LOL!

BRING IT!

James

• Like 3

James:

I guess AZ & FL early archery season isn't that different. Chiggers, rattlers, and yes sleeping "junk" (hilarious!). Can't wait!

Are the chiggers (and ticks if you have them) a problem in January?

Don

• Like 1

I am ready to the point where my wife says I have a problem! She wants to know if there is a support group for hunters wives during hunting season. Lol

BC, speaking from experience, if you are determined and do not give in eventually she will accept your passion. STAY STRONG!!

I am ready to the point where my wife says I have a problem! She wants to know if there is a support group for hunters wives during hunting season. Lol

BC, speaking from experience, if you are determined and do not give in eventually she will accept your passion. STAY STRONG!!

My sis lives in northern Utah. She says that the first week of archery season is known as "widows week." Guess a lot if places has ladies nights and discounts for eating out. Wish there was stuff like that here for my lady. She knows the only thing sleeping her that week is her 9mm lol

• Like 1

James:

I guess AZ & FL early archery season isn't that different. Chiggers, rattlers, and yes sleeping "junk" (hilarious!). Can't wait!

Are the chiggers (and ticks if you have them) a problem in January?

Don

if it stays warm the chiggers can still get at ya but I think I mostly get em in the early bow season.

ticks not so much..

james