Bitter24

Anyone else getting itchy for aug 23rd??

I am ready to the point where my wife says I have a problem! She wants to know if there is a support group for hunters wives during hunting season. Lol

funny how when they are talking to ya, she's talkin about how her day was and you are in a trance thinkin about hope.... hope I got a giant coues on trail cam! LOL!

James

James:

I guess AZ & FL early archery season isn't that different. Chiggers, rattlers, and yes sleeping "junk" (hilarious!). Can't wait!

Are the chiggers (and ticks if you have them) a problem in January?

Don

if it stays warm the chiggers can still get at ya but I think I mostly get em in the early bow season.

ticks not so much..

james

All this talk about chiggers has me "Itching" and I am not talking about the upcoming hunt. HaHa

I am ready to the point where my wife says I have a problem! She wants to know if there is a support group for hunters wives during hunting season. Lol

funny how when they are talking to ya, she's talkin about how her day was and you are in a trance thinkin about hope.... hope I got a giant coues on trail cam! LOL!

James

So true.Lol

So my wife tells me she has Friday off and asks me what are we going to do? I tell her I'm going to check cams remember I told you that last weekend?

Wife: I don't remember that, you didn't tell me.

me: Yes I told you about 3 times I was going on Fri.

me: Want to go? She never wants to go and has never been.

Wife: Ya i'll go.

me: really?

Lets see what happens and how long she lasts out there with the bugs flying around, she hates bugs. Lol

• Like 3

James

So true.Lol

So my wife tells me she has Friday off and asks me what are we going to do? I tell her I'm going to check cams remember I told you that last weekend?

Lets see what happens and how long she lasts out there with the bugs flying around, she hates bugs. Lol

I would marry my wife twice over again THAT SAME DAY if she said she wanted to come with me on a hunting or a scouting trip... I love her, bless her heart, but she'd never go. She does go fishing and likes to be out on the boat, so I consider that a win.

• Like 3

James

So true.Lol

I would marry my wife twice over again THAT SAME DAY if she said she wanted to come with me on a hunting or a scouting trip... I love her, bless her heart, but she'd never go. She does go fishing and likes to be out on the boat, so I consider that a win.

my wife loves to go but doesn't like to hike the hills and hollers though..

I need to reward her with a big lake trip!.. LOL!

James

/>

James

So true.Lol

James

My wife went with me once. She had a blast. I took her to a few spots and she saw her first herd of elk.

Got a few pictures to remember the occasion....

post-3620-0-57481300-1375311525_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

/>

James

So true.Lol

James

My wife went with me once. She had a blast. I took her to a few spots and she saw her first herd of elk.

Got a few pictures to remember the occasion....

attachicon.gif268650_1402813768183_1767537243_655785_8049352_n.jpg

that's the waterhole I saw that snake eat the waterdog... LOL!

too cool!

mine has seen alot with me too.... she likes to glass a little especially in the winter. she has even been my spotter on a couple stalks.. LOL!

James

• Like 1

I love my wife but I don’t want her to go. Last time I took her (10 years ago) we were glassing for deer and pigs. I found a herd of pigs and while I was watching them she was watching a HUGE buck coming right to us. When he was about 20 yards away (or less) and staring us down she taps me on the leg and points. I look up just in time to see a big white flag with a huge rack in front of it bouncing away! She told me she watched him come in from the ridge about 200 yards away. I asked her why she didn’t say something so I had time. She said he was too pretty to shoot, that she didn’t want me to kill him.

She doesn’t mind my hunting or maybe I should say tolerates it but she doesn’t want to see me shoot anything. I do have mounts, she hates my pigs but loves my Elk.

GBA

• Like 2

1st year bow hunting in AZ for anything, finally got some deer activity on the cams last weekend. Should be a fun filled fall, can't wait.

I love my wife but I don’t want her to go. Last time I took her (10 years ago) we were glassing for deer and pigs. I found a herd of pigs and while I was watching them she was watching a HUGE buck coming right to us. When he was about 20 yards away (or less) and staring us down she taps me on the leg and points. I look up just in time to see a big white flag with a huge rack in front of it bouncing away! She told me she watched him come in from the ridge about 200 yards away. I asked her why she didn’t say something so I had time. She said he was too pretty to shoot, that she didn’t want me to kill him.

She doesn’t mind my hunting or maybe I should say tolerates it but she doesn’t want to see me shoot anything. I do have mounts, she hates my pigs but loves my Elk.

GBA

youre a stronger man than I. because i would have traded her in after that.

James:

I guess AZ & FL early archery season isn't that different. Chiggers, rattlers, and yes sleeping "junk" (hilarious!). Can't wait!

Are the chiggers (and ticks if you have them) a problem in January?

Don

if it stays warm the chiggers can still get at ya but I think I mostly get em in the early bow season.

ticks not so much..

james

All this talk about chiggers has me "Itching" and I am not talking about the upcoming hunt. HaHa

Chigger's...Argh!

GBA

youre a stronger man than I. because i would have traded her in after that.

No need to do that. Before I started hunting myself when I was just along to be out in nature, I swear once when he had an archery shot opportunity on a cow I stood behind a tree, lowered my head, closed my eyes, covered my ears and said a few things to myself about me hoping he missed. He ended up not taking a shot for whatever reason and it was quite awhile before I told him I did that and by that time he just chuckled. Oops :)

Since that time, there have been many, many, many times I've sent animals right to him where he was provided great shot opportunities. I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty good at that. So I guess I've made up for the time or two or three that I've ruined opportunities for him.

By the way....I'm very much ready to get out in the forest. Next week can't come quick enough for me.