Sign in to follow this  
Lance

Big ole Archery Bull! Kaibab spring hunt!!

I Though i would Share This Teaser Picture From One Of Our Resent Spring Hunts On The Kaibab

TLO Was Blessed To Be Able To Hunt With Brent Morrison Of Hunters Headquarters In Flagstaff. We Had An Awesome Hunt Full Of Adventure And On The 13th Day Brent Sent An Arrow Through This Awesome Old P&Y Bull While I Vedeoed Over His Shoulder!

Keep A Look Out FOr The Story And Video!

post-669-0-13463300-1373067388_thumb.jpg

post-669-0-58079400-1373068576_thumb.jpg

Great Bull!!!!

Nice bull. I met you guys about an hour or so before you shot it, while you were sitting in your blind that morning and i came in to check our cameras. That bulls carcus was huge, but to bad it died so close to the salt lick. It took several days for any of the other buffalo to start coming back. I had no idea that all the buffalo are shot off salt licks up there, and without prime positioning on one of those salts you almost dont have a chance to even see one. Great job on choosing that lick to sit that morning, and for knocking such a huge animal down with a bow. Awesome buffalo.

CouesMagnet.

I've Seen Loads Of Dead Buffalo Carcuses Up There And Never Have I Seen Buffalo Care Or Blink An Eye At A Carcus. Ive Seen Them Feed Right Next To, Step Right Over Or Walk Around Them Without A Care. EveN Fresh Ones And Even The Nastiest Stinky Ones.TheyJust Don't Seem To Care. Its Odd, But They Don't. We Have Actually Killed Very Few Off Of Salt. I Think Only Two Before This One Were Off Of Salt. We Usually hunt Them Down. we Did A Lil Bit Of Both On Brents Hunt. We Really Wanted To Get It On Film And that Was A Good Way To Do It With A Bow.

Lance i'm not pretending to know the first thing about buffalo, as this was my first hunt i have ever been on. It seemed like they all left after you guys got yours on that specific salt, but maybe they were just on a diff cycle or something. I sat there the next 2 days or so , and even the deer would walk up near the carcus and bolt, probably just coincidence though. No big deal dude. Anyways congrats to you and your hunter for doing such a great job . I didnt know of one buffalo shot up on the kaibab this year that wasn't off one of those salt licks in the spring hunt. Do you know of even one that wasn't shot off a lick out of the 14 tags, and who was it if there was, just very curious? I wasn't into buff hunting , but after going for the first time, i am now. I heard corky started all those licks years and years ago, it's to bad everyone knows where they all are now and there's kind of a line to sit them so to speak. Can't wait to see the video of that buffalo you guys nailed ,what a great job!!

Man that's a big animal with a stick&string. Congrats

Couesmagnet

THanks For The Nice Comments. Yes Those Buffalo Do Go In CyCles. Arround For A Couple Days And Gon Again. We Sat There For Like Four Days Before Killing That Bull. MOst Of Those Licks Were Arround Long Before The Buffalo Mooved In. And The First Bull We Killed Up There This Year Was A Bull We Hunted Down And NOt On Salt. Go Back To The Main Buffalo Page And Look A Couple Threads Down. We Killed A Giant B&C Bull Early In The Sesson.

Lance I saw the pics of that awesome bull you guys got early on the spring hunt up there along with that awesome bull by the raymond herd. It must have been quite an honor to have been involved with all those great bulls.

Couesmagnet. Lol. Who did you hear that from? Corky himself I'm sure. I dont know a single person who has had a run in with him up there who has something nice to say about that dude.

Couesmagnet. Lol. Who did you hear that from? Corky himself I'm sure. I dont know a single person who has had a run in with him up there who has something nice to say about that dude.

I was one of the 14 lucky tag holders for the spring buffalo hunt on the Kaibab. In preparation for my hunt, Corky was one of four people that I talked to. Everyone that I talked to was very helpful. Corky told me that I was welcome to hunt his salts and even offered me the use of his Polaris Ranger if I needed it. I think he is a good man!