Sign in to follow this  
reganranch

Modded Diesel Roll Call

i deleted my original post as quicky as i wrote it because i sometimes forget no one cares what i think. lol

i dont mean to be a buzz kill but its true. so many people have light duty diesel trucks(3/4/1tons) that tune them way past the point of reliability. then complain that "brand x" is junk. when in reality if you can live with out " making black smoke" youll have a lone worry free life vehicle wise.

i dont mean to call you out but as an example: casey in your dodge what brand is your tunner??

i cant find the connection between a reliable diesel, dressing in drag or driving a prius? must be a uofa thing ;)

at the end of the day feel free to do what ever makes you happy to your truck. but remember after the tow truck drops your truck off at my place. ill hand you the repair bill with a smile on my face. :D

It is a Quadzilla Adrenaline, It was on there when I bought the truck. The funny part is I very very rarely turn it up past the max mileage setting, and when I do it is usually when I have a short passing lane coming up, up hill, to get around a semi or a truck/trailer.

Put a chip in the wifes Jetta Tdi. That little S.O.B Screams down the freeway while getting 40-50 mpg. I never thought my first diesel would be a damned car. :huh:

My truck is bone stock except for the tires, batteries, driver door speakers and alarm.

I kept reading about issues when modded with out fuel savings so I saved my money.

I do wish I would have put more into the sound system though. I will definitely on my new truck!

• Like 1

i deleted my original post as quicky as i wrote it because i sometimes forget no one cares what i think. lol

i dont mean to be a buzz kill but its true. so many people have light duty diesel trucks(3/4/1tons) that tune them way past the point of reliability. then complain that "brand x" is junk. when in reality if you can live with out " making black smoke" youll have a lone worry free life vehicle wise.

i dont mean to call you out but as an example: casey in your dodge what brand is your tunner??

i cant find the connection between a reliable diesel, dressing in drag or driving a prius? must be a uofa thing ;)

at the end of the day feel free to do what ever makes you happy to your truck. but remember after the tow truck drops your truck off at my place. ill hand you the repair bill with a smile on my face. :D

It is a Quadzilla Adrenaline, It was on there when I bought the truck. The funny part is I very very rarely turn it up past the max mileage setting, and when I do it is usually when I have a short passing lane coming up, up hill, to get around a semi or a truck/trailer.

it seams like every dodge tranny failure I've seen has been tunned. I'm sure stock dodges loose tranny too but ive never Seen one. Its too bad too cause a 5.9 is a hard engine to beat otherwise.

ive seen a bunch of dodges with blown transmissions. the trucks are beat to you know what but that is because they are pretty much abused. the cummins is the best engine out of the three but ive seen them let go too. too bad everything else on the dodge is junk (but they are getting better). so far the 6.7 fords are doing really well (best chassis by far). GMs are pretty good but i wouldnt want one with their crappy wiring and frames but like anything if you take care of them they will last. these are all stock trucks.

i have a 96 powerstroke. i made the exhaust from the turbo back, filter with intake tube modified, chip, shift kit. i recently lost reverse so pretty soon ill be rebuilding my tranny when i find some time.

On a serious note My 6.0 is in the shop as we speak getting the Bullet Proof EGR delete and the external oil set up. 3000.00 bucks but with the chip and turbo back exhaust minus the cat she should get me up north a little quicker.

GMs are pretty good but i wouldnt want one with their crappy wiring and frames but like anything if you take care of them they will last. these are all stock trucks.

These crappy frames?

/>BOO Stock is no fun! I would rather join the prius forum and wear a dress in public then drive a stock diesel truck.

Heres all the mods done to my rig I call it Sherman occasionally or any related curse word at the time.

1996 F-350 Crewcab Long Bed

24V Cummins (1500 Miles on the fresh rebuid ;))

Built E4OD

4" Lift

5" Stacks

35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" Moto Metals

Hamiton Cam 188/220

Isspro Gauges Fuel PSI, Boost,Pyro, Trans Temp

AFE Intake

& a oversize trans cooler to be ordered Thursday.

What's the address to the Prius fourm? You know I drive a stock DMAX. But I'll skip the dress part. 😂

If I need a HOT ROD I'll borrow Speedy's! 😜

i cant see videos at work, but yeah GM has the worse frames out of the 3, followed by dodge and then ford. i weld them all but i have yet to have a ford crack on me anywhere. dodge only cracks with the cummins at the motor mounts because of the weight or at any of the suspension mounting points. GMs can and will crack anywhere, ESPECIALLY the 1/2 tons. I dont know what it is but they are bad.

All are things that you shouldnt do!

Every Ford Diesel has been a joke since the discontinuing of the 94 IDI turbo diesel. The HEUI system is a joke it can't hold a candle to the VP44 or P7100 injection pumps. The P7100 is probably hands down the most reliable fuel system in the medium duty diesel market ever. Ford used the HEUI junk system for 12 years. They've been making money off parts and major rotating assembly repairs since then. Wow taking the cab off to work on the darn thing what a genius idea! Everyone I know has a lift in their garage. 3000.00 dollars for an EGR Detele and Oil Bypass(Design flaws that came from Navistar) and your paying for it, 3000 dollars will throw compound turbos on my truck with studs and money to spare. Dmax has used the Bosch CP3 for 12+ years(Cummins has for 10) Ford figured out what a CP3 was in 08. The 6.4 is nothing to write home about folks, how many years was it in production 2?? Must've not been all that great. We're just getting started.

We Have three Dodge/Cummins all tunned. 94 the odometer quit at 760k, the 96 has 340k and the 98 has 260k, they all work hard and I don't know if they will ever wear out.