Sign in to follow this  
out2hunt

The good ol days

I hit a wall of water just outside rye friday night, and when we checked the cameras everything was full. Every tank was to the brim!Found some pics that I want to share, let me know if any of these bulls are shooters. HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO SHEDHUNTERAZ FOR ALL THE EFFORT AND EXPENSE THAT HAS BEEN SPENT TO HELP A GUY TAG HIS FIRST ELK!

post-1272-0-55891100-1374498718_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-91073100-1374498773_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-35793500-1374498814_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-13694600-1374498854_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-36404100-1374498884_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-74234900-1374498923_thumb.jpg

post-1272-0-62569800-1374498944_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Everything looks really good ken. I think we will put you on a very good bull come Sep. Just as excited as you are to be a part of you smoking your first bull. Cant wait, and enjoy doing what I can to help you out. buddy.

• Like 1

Tough 53 days to wait for sure lol! Super stoked and feel pretty worthless at work thinking about elk all day!

• Like 1

Had to add one more, look at the 4s on the bull in the back! Big 6/ notice the difference in hide color. Older bulls are usually darker right?

post-1272-0-31146300-1374533047_thumb.jpg

not always useally look like a carhardt tan, them are some nice ins

Looks like you got some great bulls there. The bull in the fourth picture looks to be the biggest. He has great front ends and the back looks good too. The bull with the sticker point in the last picture is a great bull as well. If he had a little bigger whale tail he would be huge. All shooters just have a great time. My only advise is to be patient. To many guys get all worked up for the hunt and either shoot a rag horn opening day or get frustrated due to slow rut activity. Be patient, enjoy the ride and the rest will fall into place.

Don't let anyone try to tell you 5A is not a trophy unit. It is a great unit and you will have a blast during the hunt.

Good Luck

• Like 2

Looks like you got some great bulls there. The bull in the fourth picture looks to be the biggest. He has great front ends and the back looks good too. The bull with the sticker point in the last picture is a great bull as well. If he had a little bigger whale tail he would be huge. All shooters just have a great time. My only advise is to be patient. To many guys get all worked up for the hunt and either shoot a rag horn opening day or get frustrated due to slow rut activity. Be patient, enjoy the ride and the rest will fall into place.

Don't let anyone try to tell you 5A is not a trophy unit. It is a great unit and you will have a blast during the hunt.

Good Luck

Thank you for the great advice. Patience will be number one focus in mental preparation leading up to the hunt.

In years past we have witnessed big bulls get pressured between jack's canyon and red hill. Back and forth across the highway 87 just south of the 615. The biggest bulls I have seen in the unit were north between red hill and east sunset. Love the diversity this unit offers!