PhxHunt

Crossbow use during acrchery season?

What would I need to do with the AZGFD to be able to use a crossbow during archery season. I have bad shoulder (have had two surgeries already), and I wanted to find out if I would be eligible to hunt with a crossbow during archery season.

Let me know.

Thanks

I believe you will need documentation from your Doctor confirming the disability preventing you from pulling your bow back.

You gotta get a note from a doctor stating that your somewhat disabled.

^^^^what they said. Have a friend with a bad arm that did that a couple of years ago. Take the dr's note to game and fish and they give you a sticker or card or both that you carry with you.

I don't know if it has changed but you needed a 90% disability in one arm a few years back when my ex-wife applied for one. You have to get the form from G&F and have your doctor fill it out.

don't forget to add the 30% mental disability - just kiddin -

just remember you only need 40 lb draw to archery hunt!

and ive seen people switch from right hand to left draw also ! especially with the lighter draw weight

Just this year a family member of mine received G&F permission for a crossbow (during an archery hunt) due to a stroke in 2012.

Many injuries we can rehab from and some things are much harder to recover (if at all). I believe G&F has tough standards. This same person above looked into it prior due to a bad shoulder injury and it wasn't approved. I'm sure he now wishes he only had the shoulder injury. Just a thought to ponder....

R12-4-216. Crossbow Permit

A. For the purposes of this Section, “crossbow permit” means a document issued by the Department that authorizes the permit holder to use a crossbow during an archery-only season, as prescribed under R12-4-318.

B. A crossbow permit is valid only when the designated animal for the archery-only season may otherwise be taken by crossbow under R12-4-304. Possession of a crossbow permit does not waive any other requirement for method of take or licensing.

C. An applicant for a crossbow permit shall apply on an application form available from any Department office. The applicant shall provide all of the following information on the application form:

1. The applicant’s name, Department identification number, mailing address, and telephone number; and

2. A statement from an M.D., doctor of medicine, with a valid license to practice issued by any state, or a D.O., doctor of osteopathic medicine, with a valid license to practice issued by any state, that affirms the applicant has a permanent disability of at least 90% impairment of function of one arm and provides the physician’s typed or printed name, business address, and signature.

D. All information and documentation provided by an applicant for a crossbow permit is subject to verification by the Department.

E. The Department shall provide written notice to an applicant whose application for a crossbow permit is denied. The applicant may appeal the denial to the Commission as prescribed in A.R.S. Title 41, Chapter 6, Article 10.

F. A crossbow permit is valid as long as the criteria for obtaining the permit are met, unless the Commission revokes the permit.

G. When acting under the authority of a crossbow permit, the crossbow permit holder shall possess the permit, and shall exhibit it upon request to any peace officer.

H. A crossbow permit holder shall not transfer the permit to another individual or allow another individual to use the permit.

I. After a hearing and upon sufficient cause showing, the Commission shall revoke the crossbow permit of a crossbow permit holder who transfers the permit to another individual or allows another individual to use the permit. An individual whose crossbow permit is revoked by the Commission may petition the Commission for rehearing in accordance with R12-4-607.

R12-4-216. Crossbow Permit

A. For the purposes of this Section, “crossbow permit” means a document issued by the Department that authorizes the permit holder to use a crossbow during an archery-only season, as prescribed under R12-4-318.

B. A crossbow permit is valid only when the designated animal for the archery-only season may otherwise be taken by crossbow under R12-4-304. Possession of a crossbow permit does not waive any other requirement for method of take or licensing.

C. An applicant for a crossbow permit shall apply on an application form available from any Department office. The applicant shall provide all of the following information on the application form:

1. The applicant’s name, Department identification number, mailing address, and telephone number; and

2. A statement from an M.D., doctor of medicine, with a valid license to practice issued by any state, or a D.O., doctor of osteopathic medicine, with a valid license to practice issued by any state, that affirms the applicant has a permanent disability of at least 90% impairment of function of one arm and provides the physician’s typed or printed name, business address, and signature.

D. All information and documentation provided by an applicant for a crossbow permit is subject to verification by the Department.

E. The Department shall provide written notice to an applicant whose application for a crossbow permit is denied. The applicant may appeal the denial to the Commission as prescribed in A.R.S. Title 41, Chapter 6, Article 10.

F. A crossbow permit is valid as long as the criteria for obtaining the permit are met, unless the Commission revokes the permit.

G. When acting under the authority of a crossbow permit, the crossbow permit holder shall possess the permit, and shall exhibit it upon request to any peace officer.

H. A crossbow permit holder shall not transfer the permit to another individual or allow another individual to use the permit.

I. After a hearing and upon sufficient cause showing, the Commission shall revoke the crossbow permit of a crossbow permit holder who transfers the permit to another individual or allows another individual to use the permit. An individual whose crossbow permit is revoked by the Commission may petition the Commission for rehearing in accordance with R12-4-607.

Ya what he said ;)

just get 1 and shoot something they won't catch you.LOL

My dad got his in 2001. He broke his arm/shoulder in multiple places, even had to change jobs because of it. He got a form from g&f as well as workmanship comp. his doc filled them out, it took awhilebutthey gave it to him. Lol he bought a nice cross bow and hasn't used it once since.